Dolphins Didn't Call Bengals For WR Chad Ochocinco References

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by Sweets, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

When it came to the Miami Dolphins doing their research and due diligence before they signed Chad Ochocinco, one place they did not call was the Bengals according to Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer. When asked if anyone from the Dolphins contacted him about the wide receiver he coached for eight seasons before last year’s trade to New England, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said no. However, Lewis did seem to be on board with Miami signing Ochocinco to a one-year incentive-laced contract. “They’re going to make a determination. There is no downside for them,†Lewis said. “Chad obviously had a great career here and I know he would be excited about that opportunity.†Lewis, though, did think that Kevin Coyle was able to give some perspective on Ochocinco. Coyle was the Bengals secondary coach for 11 years before becoming the Dolphins defensive coordinator under new head coach Joe Philbin in January. “Well, I’m sure (Kevin) was able to give some positive, some input on Chad and about him and so forth,†Lewis said. “Kevin was really around him longer than I was so he knows from probably the inception of when he got here. So he’d be able to give them good input.â€

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  2. flexnfx

flexnfx flexnfx

What?! And the Bengals are such great judge of character!

3. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

He's making the minimum anyway, and can get cut pretty much any time. Why bother?