Dolphins RB Reggie Bush Returns To Practice

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by Sweets, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Dolphins running back Reggie Bush is determined to play on Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals, and he made his strongest argument for his case practicing on Thursday, Omark Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports.

However, it is uncertain at this time if Bush's level of participation was likely limited.

The Dolphins tailback says he’ll leave the decision up to his coaches whether he returns this week from the left knee sprain he suffered in Sunday's 23-20 overtime loss to the New York Jets.

"That's something you've got to ask Coach about because I'll tell you right now I'm playing Sunday, but I'm sure that's why I'm not the head coach," Bush said on Wednesday. "I'm going to do everything I can from a physical and mental standpoint to prepare myself as if I'm playing Sunday and, if I get the call and it's true that I can play, then I'll be ready to go."

Coach Joe Philbin said they will continue to evaluate Bush, who ran for 61 yards on 10 carries before getting hurt in the second quarter, on a daily basis.

"You just need to trust your eyes, watch the film and see where he's at," Philbin said. "Obviously, health and safety of the players is the No. 1 concern. It's important. I'm sure if he's healthy enough, he'll play. If he's not, he won't."

Source: The Redzone