Dolphins Shocked Trade To No. 3 Cost 'Half Price'

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by SRW, Apr 26, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The New England Patriots acquired a huge haul of draft picks from the Minnesota Vikings on Thursday night in exchange for the No. 29 overall selection. On the other end of the spectrum: The Miami Dolphins' deal with the Oakland Raiders for the No. 3 overall pick.

One source told NFL.com's Albert Breer that the Dolphins believe they got to move up for "half price."

"I feel like everybody in the room was shocked," Dolphins owner Stephen Ross told The Miami Herald.

The Dolphins "only" gave up their No. 12 overall pick and the No. 42 overall pick in order to move up to get Dion Jordan. According to the admittedly outdated "trade chart," the Dolphins got a steal.

Source: NFL.com

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

why is the 'draft chart' outdated? why doesn't someone keep it up to date? and it's difficult to use the same draft chart from year to year because the caliber of players available varies so greatly from year to year.

and as far as the raiders willingness to trade down so badly, they have so many holes to fill, they were desperate just to add picks so i understand why they did it.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

According to the draft chart it was way lopsided. Where as the Patriots Vikings deal if I recall correctly was only separated by a few "points" according to the "chart."

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yes, i know what the 'chart' is and understand that the raiders theoretically took 'less' but they needed more picks badly so i understand why they did it. in fact, they probably wanted to trade down again and accumulate even more picks. they have too many holes to fill.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The Raiders only really got A pick though. It could have squeezed possibly a 5th and 7th as well. Maybe a 4th. Either way I am thrilled.

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

raiders were rumored to be taking hayden anyway....trade down + hayden makes sense

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Bingo. The chart would need to be adjusted every year. Like last year, with Luck and RG3 the consensus top 2 picks, those picks would command likely twice the value that the #1 and #2 overall picks this year would command.

This year? Move down nine spots and grab an extra second rounder? Crap, if I'm the Raiders I'm down for that. Figured they could've squeezed out an extra 6th or 7th as well though.