Dolphins TE Dustin Keller Out For Season With Knee Injury

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by Sweets, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Miami Dolphins expected the worst after Dustin Keller suffered a grisly right knee injury in Saturday's preseason loss to the Houston Texans.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport confirmed the inevitable Sunday, reporting that Keller will be lost for the entire season, according to a source informed of the injury.

It hardly comes as a surprise. Armando Salguero of The Miami Herald tweeted Sunday that the Dolphins' front office already was busy calling around for help at the position.

Keller was brought in to give young quarterback Ryan Tannehill a sure thing in the passing game. It will be a challenge for the Dolphins to replace that production a combination of Charles Clay, Michael Egnew and rookie Dion Sims will try, but this isn't a void Miami can fill on short notice.

Source: NFL.com

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Damn, that sucks.

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

With the rules these days in the NFL, how does a DB know where to hit a ball carrier these days? You can't hit him high. You can't hit him low.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Keller was my sleeper fantasy tight end that I knew I could grab late. I felt like he was going to have a big season in Miami. Who's the next man up in Miami?

5. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Tough break for Keller. I was initially pissed that Shearinger went seemingly right at his knee, but the rules are messing with players' heads now. In the KC-SF game, the d-lineman was targeting Alex's body on a sack attempt and then Alex ducked his head at the last second and got helmet-to-helmet contact so they threw a flag. Probably will be a fine for that, so I can understand guy's targeting even lower now

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

his leg looked gruesome,but not as bad as lattimore's did last season.clean hit and if it had been up higher,the ref would have thrown a flag for a personal foul. i bet this happens a lot this season.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

A mix of Charles Clay, Michael Egnew, and Dion Sims.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's funny that he said he was going low intentionally so that he wouldn't hit high and be subject to a fine...

Keller could be done for his career...

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

that's too bad. keller would have been a big part of their offense.

10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

You think that players are going to have stripes on their uniforms which would indicate places where they can get hit? Right now, the hit zone is at the top of the belt buckle and ends at the bottom of the belt buckle, IMO.:icon_frown: