Dolphins Willing To Meet Chiefs OT Branden Albert's Demands

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by SRW, Apr 22, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Miami Dolphins have shown all offseason they're unafraid to spend to get what they want. Their pursuit of Kansas City Chiefs left tackle Branden Albert fits with that new organizational thinking.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the Dolphins are willing to meet Albert's asking price, that being a contract similar to the six-year, $53.4 million contract extension signed by Houston Texans offensive tackle Duane Brown last summer.

This stands in contrast to a recent report by Yahoo! Sports that stated the Dolphins and Albert wouldn't be a match unless his price "comes down significantly."

If the financial end is taken care of, only compensation between the teams is left to be worked out.

Source: NFL.com

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yeah no they won't.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i still think its pretty goobered of the chiefs to move him.

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/0ap2000000162416/Potential-Branden-Albert-trade]Potential Branden Albert trade - NFL Videos[/ame]

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

when the conversations about trading albert first came up, i thought the same thing. but, as time has gone on, i understand why they're doing it.

1) In interviews the last few months, Albert has been very negative towards the chiefs organization and it has turned off a lot of people. i would imagine the new chiefs regime isn't too impressed with his attitude either.

2) all along, he has been saying he wants top left tackle money. he's a good left tackle but in today's game, it's tough to give a left tackle $10 mill/yr.

3) they can draft, what they feel, is an equal replacement for albert and pay him only $4 or $5 mill/yr plus pick up a 2nd rd pick and possibly fill another starting position of need.

I think if Albert had a good attitude and was willing to accept $6 or $7 mill/yr on a long-term deal, which is more in-line with what good left tackles are getting right now, they would keep him.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The thing about the Dolphins, Ireland isn't stupid. He isn't giving that much money to a non elite LT with back problems.

7. CaptainStubing

supposedly, the cardinals are now also interested ............ not sure i believe it though because they don't have any money.

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

9. CaptainStubing

well, according to those numbers, the cards have cap room. it seems every report i see has different numbers for every team, though so i'm not sure what is reality.