Dozens Arrested, 92 Spectators Ejected As 49ers Defeat Packers

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

San Francisco 49ers fans enjoyed seeing their team eliminate the Green Bay Packers from the NFL playoffs on Saturday, but most than 100 of them ran afoul of police and stadium security personnel.

Rather than waiting to see whether the Niners will face the Seattle Seahawks or Atlanta Falcons for the NFC championship, dozens of followers face charges, including public intoxication.

The 49ers' 45-31 victory over the Packers produced a full house at Candlestick Park, and parking lots were full of pre- and post-game revelry.

It went too far in a small but embarrassing percentage of the attendees.

Police at the game arrest 25 people for public intoxication, Sgt. Michael Andraychak said told the San Jose Mercury News, outside the stadium, two people were arrested in car break-ins, according to the sergeant.

Source: Sporting News

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I'm sure not all of those ejected were 49er fans but wtf people...freaking morons!!!

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

small group of people are gonna ruin it for the rest

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd like to know on average, how many "winning" fans are arrested (throughout the NFL) after a playoff victory and I'd like it broken down by team and whether they were home or away...

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well start with Google and do the work...let us know what you come up with...

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

has walnuts been on-line today? do we need to get some bail money together for him?

7. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

It's going to get to the point where beer is cut-off inside the stadium one day. Beer companies will fight it but something's going to go down one of these days to change that. At this point I say heck going to the game. I got my HDTV in the comfort of my own home.

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I've been led to believe that this only happens in Philly.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think if I did follow [MENTION=521]Sweets[/MENTION]' advice and Google my question, we would eventually find that these people were from Philadelphia or had a tie in one way or another.

10. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I'm just waiting for something to happen in Indianapolis for there to be change.

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

From what i have have read and heard,the 49ers and the raiders have the worst problems in the parking lots after the game.I Know philly fans are a little rowdy during games,but i have no idea how bad they are after the game.i'd imagine they are no worse than the fans in nyc or dc are.

12. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

He probably gave the police his fake name, Axion Jackson.

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

They tried.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkPFcC08nQ4]Action Jackson can JUMP! - YouTube[/ame]

14. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

that is why I love my tv. 50 inch plasm HD with 1200 watt Dolby 5.1 surround sound system. I can whoop and holler and not have to worry about public intoxication or my crap getting broken into.

15. bossco

bossco Rookie

Its pathetic. People cant even enjoy there favorite team live at the stadium anymore. Getting second thoughts about taking my 9yr old girl to her first 9ers game next year.

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

To be fair, I have been to many football games at the Stick and I've never seen fights out there, not saying they don't happen just that I haven't seen any. It is sad though that people have to think twice about taking their kids to a sporting event because some people just can't act civilized.

17. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

if you look at the amount of people arrested vs people there it is a small minority but still if you are the one unlucky enough to be caught up in the melee it taints your experience. Personally I have not witnessed any problems at the games I went to but have heard stories that makes me not want to go to away games to certain parks. High emotions and alcohol does not mix. Some people get no enjoyment unless they are freaking with people. It is a shame because besides going to a concert, there really is nothing better than watching a football game live.

18. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I've been to several concerts rolling my tits off, I also attended a festival this summer where I was candyflipping 2 out of the 3 days...If a live football game is better than that, I HAVE TO BE A PART OF THAT.

19. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ditto, Ive been going to Candlestick since I was a kid, not even sure how many times total but Id wager at least half of the posters here weren't yet born when I attended my first game at 5 years old...I've sat all over the stadium from the nosebleed cheap seats to three rows off the field, and Ive never once seen an actual fight, let alone felt personally threatened or in danger. The odd verbal exchange full of bad language here and there, sure, but what do you expect. Its an enclosed space filled with a few ten thousands of people, at least half of whom are boozed to the gills and swimming in testosterone. Craps bound to happen. I will say that of all the stadiums Ive been to, Candlesticks one of the tightest security-wise as well. They are pretty on top of things, sometimes to a fault. They're pretty infamous among fans for making people stay seated when cheering unless its something big and the whole stadiums on their feet, just to try and keep friction to a minimum.

I'd have no qualms about taking a kid there at all, for the most part. Stay away from the bathrooms after halftime if possible (not for safety reasons, but because they are basically open sewers filled with the drunkest of the drunk) and the outer lots after the game (safety reasons) and its no worries at all. I probably wouldnt take a real young kid if I had upper deck seats, it can get a little R-rated up there, but if they're old enough to deal with constant foul language, the occasional wafting weed smoke, and lots of drunk people it'd be fine.