$$ Draft #1

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Walnuts, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

So here's my first non-dynasty rookie draft of the year, the $100 buyin league Ive been in for many years. Not really happy with the way the draft went, my targeted players with the exception of Spiller (even when I was planning on "reaching" for them) kept going right before my picks and I ended up with a lot of players I'm not terribly fond of. Probably the most frustrating draft I've had in...ever. I hate it when you end up getting the draft dictated to you instead of the other way around.

10 teams, standard scoring other than 6 pts for passing TD's, no PPR. I had the 3rd pick.

QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR/TE FLEX-DEF-K

1. (3) C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB) (AP and Martin went 1-2)
    2. (18) Julio Jones (Atl - WR) (missed Dez by one pick FREAK)
    3. (23) Chris Johnson (Ten - RB) (missed Rodgers by 2 picks FREAK)
    4. (38) Lamar Miller (Mia - RB)
    5. (43) Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
    6. (58) Jordy Nelson (GB - WR) (VD, Ant Brown and Garcon right before)
    7. (63) Steve Smith (Car - WR)
    8. (78) Russell Wilson (Sea - QB) (couldnt pass on Wilson here)
    9. (83) Josh Gordon (Cle - WR)
    10. (98) Kenny Britt (Ten - WR) (Rueben Randle and Givens right before this one)
    11. (103) Martellus Bennett (Chi - TE)
    12. (118) Vick Ballard (Ind - RB) (Ingram one pick before)
    13. (123) Zach Sudfeld (NE - TE) (HAHA got one)
    14. (138) Tampa Bay (TB - DEF)
    15. (143) Sebastian Janikowski (Oak - K)

So its:
    QB - Ryan, Wilson
    RB - Spiller, CJ0K, Miller, Ballard
    WR - Julio, Jordy, Smith, Gordon, Britt
    TE - Bennett, Sudfeld
    K - Seabass
    DEF - Tampa (I generally stream defenses, Tampa opens against the freaking Jets mess, this will change frequently)

Whatcha think?

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Lol @ your TEs.

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I think you're good, I know what you mean when your guys get swooped. Luckily in mine last weekend I was able to dictate things like you said.

I don't love Miller but that's a preference pick. Gordon is good value, he's going later and is an upside so far down in the WR ranks. TEs are good to fill in late this year unless you get one of the top 3 or so.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like everything but Bennett. Something about him I just don't like this year...don't really have any hard concrete "evidence," just a hunch.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I like Miller, dont love him, but I wanted a viable starter behind CJ#2, he was the best option at the time and might make good trade bait later. Ditto Wilson, potential trade bait/value backup. Dont like starting a QB and WR on the same team but Ryan should chuck 35-40 which is gold in this league. My attitude with TEs was get Graham, if not, wait for a faller, if not, take upside late. It ended up being upside late. It should be a contending team but that doesnt mean I have to like it.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]