Eagles Agree To Terms With DT Derek Landri

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Philadelphia Eagles have announced that they have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with defensive tackle Derek Landri. Financial terms were not disclosed. A fifth round pick out of Notre Dame by the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2007, Landri recorded 82 tackles and six sacks in 51 games with the Jaguars (2007-09) and Carolina Panthers (2009-10) before joining the Eagles after last year's lockout. Released at the end of training camp before being re-signed in October, Landri had 21 tackles and two sacks in 12 games for the Eagles, playing in just under 35 percent of the snaps. By re-signing with the Eagles, Landri will again be part of a tackle rotation along with Antonio Dixon behind starters Cullen Jenkins and Mike Patterson, though the Eagles are expected to address the position in the draft.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Great depth move. Under $2 mil for one year.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

With this move I honestly and truthfully have NO idea what the heck this team is going with the draft. I am now INCREDIBLY confused.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

DT is still a possibility. This guy was only signed to a one year deal after all.

But that would mean Jenkins, Patterson, Dixon, Landri, and [rookie]. That's a lot of DTs to carry. Especially since we always have about 5-6 DEs.

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Exactly! This makes me think that OL is more of a reality, especially with AR's LOVE of them and makes me nervous about a QB. Maybe Michael Floyd is still a possibility? I DON'T KNOW!!!

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

OL is NEVER out of the question with that fat butt.