Eagles Agree To Terms With DT Derek Landri

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets New Member

The Philadelphia Eagles have announced that they have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with defensive tackle Derek Landri. Financial terms were not disclosed. A fifth round pick out of Notre Dame by the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2007, Landri recorded 82 tackles and six sacks in 51 games with the Jaguars (2007-09) and Carolina Panthers (2009-10) before joining the Eagles after last year's lockout. Released at the end of training camp before being re-signed in October, Landri had 21 tackles and two sacks in 12 games for the Eagles, playing in just under 35 percent of the snaps. By re-signing with the Eagles, Landri will again be part of a tackle rotation along with Antonio Dixon behind starters Cullen Jenkins and Mike Patterson, though the Eagles are expected to address the position in the draft.

Source: Mac's Football Blog
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Great depth move. Under $2 mil for one year.
  3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

With this move I honestly and truthfully have NO idea what the heck this team is going with the draft. I am now INCREDIBLY confused.
  4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

DT is still a possibility. This guy was only signed to a one year deal after all.

But that would mean Jenkins, Patterson, Dixon, Landri, and [rookie]. That's a lot of DTs to carry. Especially since we always have about 5-6 DEs.
  5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Exactly! This makes me think that OL is more of a reality, especially with AR's LOVE of them and makes me nervous about a QB. Maybe Michael Floyd is still a possibility? I DON'T KNOW!!!
  6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

OL is NEVER out of the question with that fat butt.