Eagles Backup QB Mike Kafka Breaks Hand, Out 2-3 Weeks

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Eagles backup QB Mike Kafka broke his left (non-throwing) hand, and he'll be out 2-3 weeks, Eagles beat writer Sheil Kapadia of Birds247.com reported. That’s big news for a team whose primary quarterback, Michael Vick, has proven highly vulnerable to injury in his career, and it puts more of a spotlight on the Eagles’ No. 3 QB, rookie Nick Foles out of Arizona, especially considering that broken bones typically take six weeks to fully heal. Under that timeline, Kafka could miss some time in the regular season. But working in the team's favor is that the injury is to Kafka's non-throwing hand, which is likely why the Eagles are offering the more aggressive return timeline. Mike Kafka is the Eagles' backup quarterback, but he has a broken left hand to deal with for the next 2-3 weeks. (AP Photo) “What you’ll see from him, he’ll come out to practice… everything where he doesn’t have to take a snap, he’ll be able to do,†Eagles coach Andy Reid told Birds247.com. “So the 7-on-7, some of the individual work, he’ll do.â€

Source: Sporting News

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

good i rather have vick foles and edwards anyway

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sort of a blessing for the Eagles...

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I think Edwards can surprise people in Philadelphia.

Sent from my HTC Vivid

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I hate to wish well upon an injury but he's kind of the odd man out. Between Foles and Edwards, I'd rather him not be on the squad. No offense to Kafka or anything.