Eagles Bench SS Nate Allen

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Andy Reid is coaching all the way to the end with the Philadelphia Eagles.

That means making moves that might not be popular or might have been a longtime coming or both.

One of his most recent decisions is to bench safety Nate Allen, a second-round draft pick in 2010, according to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer. The Eagles will roll with Kurt Coleman and Colt Anderson at safety for Sunday’s game against Robert Griffin III and the Washington Redskins at Lincoln Financial Field.

“I was all right with it," Allen said, per McLane. "You've got to be a professional about it and just go out there and continue to work and contribute and help the team out however you can."

Source: National Football Post

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i guess i will need an eagles fan to give me the inside story on this. i understand allen hasn't been playing great, but he has looked better than Colt. Has Allen been a problem in the locker room?

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

not sure on this one. haven't heard about any locker room problems.

allen hasnt been lights out but considering the fact that the DB unit as a whole has underperformed i'm not sure who the real issue is. shame - i thought he was an excellent pick when he was drafted.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

It's because Allen is weak against the run. This may only be for this week against the Redskins.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

i could understand that but coleman hasn't shown crap against the run or pbutt.