Eagles Coach Andy Reid Calls Stunning Loss Vs. Vikings "Pathetic"

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by BigBlueBruiser, Dec 29, 2010.

1. So Michael Vick won't be the Most Valuable Player in the NFL this year and his own performance in the Eagles' inexcusable, inexplicable loss to Joe Webb's Minnesota Vikings in Tuesday night's weather-delayed game locked up that award for the Patriots' Tom Brady, but you can't watch the Eagles and fail to conclude that Vick is an extraordinarily valuable player. You see it even in a loss. The Eagles are so shredded on defense, so outmanned on the offensive line that that they can't win if Vick's not at his best and that's why, no matter what anybody said in the wake of Tuesday's loss, the Eagles can't let Vick play in Sunday's regular-season finale against the Cowboys. The Eagles know now that they will be the No. 3 seed in this year's NFC playoffs and nothing that happens in their game or any other game Sunday will change that in either direction. "I'm a competitor," Vick said. "I always want to play. But ultimately, that's Andy's decision and I know he'll make the best decision possible for the team." Coach Andy Reid didn't want to talk about it and he was ultra-grouchy about the defeat, calling it "pathetic," saying only one team (Minnesota) showed up for the game and putting the responsibility on himself for not coaching a better game, he even barked at a Philadelphia newspaper columnist for showing up late to the postgame news conference and when the topic of resting players was first raised, he just added his answer to his angry screed. "That's not where we're at right now," Reid said. "We're not good enough to do that."

Source: NFL Fanhouse

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2010
  2. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

This was a killer loss with losing a bye, and having to play 3 good teams to go to the big show vs 2. However, it's been done many times, so hopefully they can use this as a kick in the butt to prepare batter. Our Cleveland game was the motivator to kick the "cocky" out.