Eagles Contact Ex-Chargers OT Marcus McNeill’s Agent

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Mar 30, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Pro Football Talk reports that Marcus McNeill‘s agent Alvin Keels informed them that the Eagles have contacted him regarding his client. The recent injury to Jason Peters has left them searching for possible replacement options. So far, Philadelphia has already re-signed King Dunlap and scheduled a visit with Demetrius Bell for this weekend. Thankfully for them, there are still some serviceable options left on the open market.

Source: NFL Trade Rumors

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Call anyone. Everyone.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Bell would be a better option IMO

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I'd be happier with Bell. But I wouldn't balk at getting McNeil to compete with Dunlap either.

5. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I do like Bell more but his durability is my biggest concern, Im sure whatever decision is made Howard Mudd will make it work best.

I just don't want them to go O-Line in the first round just cause of this, Peters is a huge lost but Kelce was a 6th round pick and Mudd saw his potential and made him a starting Center. We need Safety or DT in the first 2 rounds

6. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

If we're able to get Kalil I say go for it but I don't want to settle for an OL in the first round. And no offense but comparing Peters to Kelce is a very stupid comparison. Peters it probably the best LT in the entire NFL. Kelce is not one of the top OL in the NFL.

7. Jihad Joe

Peters will be fine by 2013. Like I said in the Eagles thread the same thing happened to Flozel Adams who was older then Peters was and he was fine. The people that are saying "he is hecked" are being melodramatic, so unless they really want a top flight RT, I dont see them going OT in the first

And its not like a rookie can be counted on to lock down the LT position anyways, especially something you'll get at 15

8. Jihad Joe

Martin mayyyyyyy be available. Alot of people have him going to Zona, but word is they like Decastro better

9. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

In no way was i trying to compare Peters to Kelce the point i was making was that Howard Mudd can find someone in the later rounds that can fill that void as a back-up for a LT.

Howard Mudd turned an undrafted Jeff Saturday into a starter Center, turned Kelce from a 6th round pick to a starting center.... Im sure he can find a hidden gem in the draft that he can help to be a nice back-up as a LT to help fill the void of Peters.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012