Eagles' King Dunlap To Start Over Demetress Bell, Again

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid confirmed left tackle King Dunlap will start his second game in a row over Demetress Bell when the team visits the Cleveland Browns on Friday, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

On paper, a lineup tweak, but a disappointing one after the Eagles dropped $3.25 million guaranteed to sign Bell in free agency, he was viewed as a sure starter to replace the injured Jason Peters, but has been outplayed by Dunlap in camp.

It's sure to draw the ire of Eagles fans, who have grown frustrated with Dunlap during his three seasons in Philly. The 2008 seventh-round pick started two games last year and five in 2010, but has not been viewed as first-team material. The sticking point here could be Bell's contract, which, along with the guaranteed money, will pay him $8.5 million roster bonus in 2013.

Source: NFL.com

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I freaking hate writers.

So we'd rather have the guy who has performed worse in TC start simply because Dunlap hasn't been particularly good in his previous seasons?

Screw this guy. If Dunlap outplayed the other guy, he starts. Quite simple, really. Screw the money. I think Bell's contract is only a one or two year deal really anyway.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'd like to find one Eagles fan who would rather see the guy making more money start than the one playing better.