Eagles Land Chip Kelly As Head Coach

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Jan 16, 2013.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

For what reason?

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Because I don't think that Geno is very good. He's not franchise QB type material. He also would not be able to step in right away. It would show that Kelly is trying to force his system instead of adjusting with better overall team talent. With a pick that high, I want someone better who can instantly step in a be a contributor.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Along the lines of what Dawk said, we have a quarterback that showed a lot of promise in his first year behind a questionable line and a coach that refused to allow a running game to get going to keep the defense honest. I saw a QB that had all of the tools I look for in a long term, franchise QB. With all of the holes we need to fill, taking a quarterback with a pick that high just seems like a terrible decision.

And maybe I'm missing something, but is Geno a particularly good runner? I didn't pay enough attention to him in college to know, but he only had 151 rushing yards this year. How is Geno any better in a Chip Kelly offense than Foles?

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I saw Schefter tweet that Kelly is the fifth highest paid HC.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Overpaid for the guy they wanted. Had to, thanks to Phil Knight. Could've got some no name coordinator for half the price, but what's a few million a year to Lurie?

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

For coaches it the owners discretion and thats where the "Haves" beat the "Have Nots"

You dont have a salary cap for coaching staffs, so the big money teams can pay as much as they want for any coach they want. Thats why NO was smart to lock up Payton when they did. If he hits to open market, they are going to be hard pressed to compete financially with teams like Chicago, Dallas, Oakland, Philadelphia, NY

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

5th highest paid coach and haven't coached a game. Crap I was born too early for all this free money being thrown around. But that would be some crap if the coaches salaries were tied into the cap.

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

As a fan, I don't give two craps what salary the coach is making. Results is all that will matter.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

My thoughts exactly. Could care less.

10. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I'm with Dawk and I'm willing to give Chip the benefit of the doubt for the moment. Talk to me at the end of the 2014 season to see what my thoughts on him are.

11. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Comparing the Chip Kelly hire in Philly to the Bruce Arians hire in Arizona, Philly.......you struck gold.

I think Kelly knows what he wants to do and what he needs to do it with. Sure time will tell, but 5 years ago who would have ever that that Oregon of all places would become the national power they've become? Yeah I know...those are 18-22 year old kids and probably not translatable. He's still got a great football mind and this jealous fan thinks he may have one year of janitorial services then the Eagles will once again be a force to be reckoned with in the NFC East.