Eagles Name O-Line Coach Juan Castillo As Defensive Coordinator

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by BigBlueBruiser, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I don't get this at all. They better know something more then we do, because from the outside looking in this is just freaking stupid.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

that's just it - this front office always feels it knows more than anyone and they should right ? i mean look at all of those lombardi's sitting in the trophy case that back up that claim.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

A month before last season started I was lobbying for the Eagles to get rid of Vick and get a proven vet to replace him.

And a month before last season started everyone was talking about how stupid it was to trade McNabb for a 2nd rounder (later, Nate Allen) to a division rival.

They've been wrong many times before... but they've also been very right plenty of times.

It's different, it doesn't seem like it will work at first thought, but McDermott didn't work. Moss might not have worked. Trgovac might not have worked. Etc etc etc.

An offensive line coach knows just as much about a defensive line and what it takes to be successful there. An offensive line coach has a good idea of what blitz packages will be effective against certain protections.

Risky as hell. But I'm going to try and talk myself into believing that this JUST MIGHT work.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Clearly.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Again, trying to get myself to buy into the idea...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp-ifMyyMhU]YouTube - Juan Castillo - Eagles OL Coach[/ame]

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

go right ahead and try to convince yorself, the empty trophy case tells me all i need to know about their decisions.

me - again i am hoping this is a band aid on something the front office will address much closer after the CBA and next season as their may be a huge house cleaning after 2011 which would include reid.

if that would be the case why would a team invest in somebody that would be considered a long term move just to fire the guy after next year ?