Eagles Name QB Michael Vick Starter For Week 3

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Sep 21, 2010.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Those thoughts have definitely gone through my head, and I would hate it if he were re-signed.

2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

While I loathe Vick for his off field crap, he is a very exciting player. That spin move he did on Sunday was a thing of beauty. Obviously the Eagles feel he gives them their best chance to win games.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Actually a very good point. Vick is getting his butt kicked, too, but he is able to at least dodge a bit more than Kolb can. Maybe they are just looking out for Kolb long term lol.

O-line is a friggin' joke right now.

4. DawkinsINT

The O-Line being so horrid is one of the few things that gives me comfort in this decision.

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

This. I suppose there's a chance Vick's contract is extened but no matter how good he plays he is still human garbage and I don't like having to root for him. I do like the idea of Kolb having to earn the starting spot instead of having it handed to him like he did in the offseason.

PS.....I miss super 5 : (

6. DawkinsINT

Is that the dude who essentially begged the Eagles to sign his eventual replacement?

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Im ok with this

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Sadly it appears so. I guess he thought just being the best QB on the team would protect him. He was wrong.

9. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

eh...he will eventually return to his old bad habits and cost them a game. then we can hear how much the eagles fans want his head asap.

10. DawkinsINT

Are you under the impression that an overwhelming majority of Eagles fans support this move? It's very much split and debated.

11. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

no i under no impression of what the majority of the fans want. but there is 1 thing that is certain about the eagle fans...they throw a riot when things go very wrong.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

im*

12. DawkinsINT

13. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

I disagree, this is health related, and it lets Vick take some lumps while Kolb gets fully healthy and has a week of practice.

14. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

^ no. He's been fine and I don't care what Reid says about it not being about Kolb... if Kolb was 11-17 for 120 and a td or two in the first half vs. the Pack he doesn't lose his job to Vick no matter how good Vick played.

Anyway... wheres is G1!MQUMARCUSBBQ dude at... this is his moment again. He was right all along. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  15. 86WARD

86WARD -

GJDMQYB

lol...

I just bumped the thread he predicted this...

16. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

lol, was he banned for being an annoying Vick troll only to be right all along...

17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I have been the staunchest Reid supporter and smeagle will attest to that, but Reid has lost it. This is desperate. I was set to live with 7-8 wins at best to let the young team grow around the future of the franchise. I have never waivered on my respect for what reid does for this team. until now, I hate the move and hate the decision. It will do nothing but cut a line in the lockerroom and divide the team and set in action events that will cause a ripple that will hurt this team for years. Andy has lost it on this one. I hope it's a ruse to mess with jacksonville because he stated Kolb was his guy, this is just ludicrous.

1 person likes this.
  18. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Ive been hearing of whispers of a power struggle between Reid and Banner, and that could ultimately lead to Reid moving on

How may that play into this?

19. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

"I actually think this helps Kevin Kolb's maturation process," Reid said, adding that it will allow Kolb to continue to learn. "The future is bright for Kevin Kolb."

The Eagles leadership was unified in its decision on the starter, according to a front office source.
    Asked then if it would be hard to go back to Kolb given the way Vick played against the Lions, Reid said no. Vick himself said Monday that Kolb would start.

I freaking am pissed as crap at Reid. Either he is backpeddling liar or a spineless puppet. Either way I have lost all respect for him.

20. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Smart football move. Vick gives this team the best chance to win right now. I see this ending 1 of 3 ways.

1. Vick is amazing the rest of the year. The Eagles walk through the East and make it deep in the playoffs. They resign Vick in the off season and Kolb sits or they trade him to the Chiefs.

2. Vick plays great and they trade him or he plays like crap. Kolb then comes in and either plays great or just okay and Eagle Nation is happy with their future. And by happy I mean still boo but don't throw snowballs and rocks at people. If Vick isn't gone before December, he gets traded or plays the Wild Cat.

3. The most likely solution. Vick comes back to earth, Kolb is the starter again, with shot confidence and the Eagles finish 3rd in the East or at absolute worst, finish behind Super 5 and the Skins. Eagles fans revolt and the Eagles sign Brett Favre in the off season(not really) But either way, The Eagles falter and we're left with the Doug Pederson era all over again.

Either way this was handled poorly but I hope Vick plays well and does something. I think he's grown up SUBSTANTIALLY since his past years and could be a great QB again. Or...he can fall back into his tendencies, become complacent and suck. Either way, drafting Kolb ahead of Lamar Woodley was really freaking stupid. Trading McNabb in his walk year was really freaking stupid. Naming Kolb the starter week 3 before this sundays game was dumb. Either way, hopefully the season will turn out well. Make the best of what you have! Go Mike.