Eagles OT Shawn Andrews Burning To Get Back On Field

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Aug 25, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Shawn Andrews is on fire. Holding court for a slew of reporters in front of his locker at the NovaCare Complex, Andrews treats the writers and cameramen to his thoughts on those who question his passion for football, the status of his back, whether he'll be on the field for the regular season opener, and his obligations as a teammate. Andrews was asked if, in the long run, he might be better off health-wise by not participating in any preseason games or practices, and he spouted off a beauty. "I would be pretty pissed off if I felt like a guy was cheating himself or cheating the team," Andrews said. "We're a team. Even if I was flipping burgers or something and you're not passing the meat, I'd be like, 'Hey we're a team. We gotta flip these burgers.'" "You tell me that's a guy who doesn't want to play football," Andrews said about receiving the shots. "Tell me that's a guy who doesn't want to play alongside his brother (Stacy Andrews), his college teammate (Jason Peters), Jamaal (Jackson), Todd (Herremans). I mean what more could you ask for?"

Source: philadelphiaeagles.com