Eagles QB Michael Vick Still Most Disliked Athlete

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Feb 10, 2012.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Great reasoning. I generally blow through areas where people generally walk just so I can possibly hit a jay walker!! It's exciting. Again. American's put animals lives over human ones.

[​IMG]

2. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

okay fine but someone tell me how Donte isn't even on this list?

3. Dragonite

Also MJ people J walk in Akron all day everyday. For hecks sake my friend does it when it says don't walk and cars are flying by at 60. I've never hit anybody. I've also never driven drunk.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I was of the exact same thinking as you, but after reading as much as I could about the case it came to light (in terms of a hypothetical by "experts") that even someone who was as sober as a nun might have hit the guy. Can't deny that Stallworth was "legally" drunk, but the victim was trying to catch a bus that was getting ready to leave and he ran onto that busy street from between two cars with a green light for the oncoming traffic. Stallworth even flashed his lights in an attempt to get the guys attention.

As far as not being on the list I'm certain it has to do with Stallworth's cooperation with the cops (called 911 and gave complete disclosure at the accident site) and the fact that had the victim used the crosswalk with lights protecting him, the accident would probably never have occurred

Like I said, I was very hard lined against Stallworth when the news broke, but had to soften that stance after reading all the facts. I think that's probably what happened to most people, thus no appearance on the list. Just myopinion.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

to add to 127's remarks - i was the same way about stalworth before i really read into the "facts" of the case instead of the heated opinions. and yes drags - people get hit and killed as a result of j-walking every day by sober people. it happens. alot.

i gave a much better example to use if you wanna debate the human vs. dog thing. leonard little ran a damn red light - he caused the accident that resulted in a woman's death when he rammed her car and showed little remorse after the fact and only served 90days. to add to it he was caught again for DUI so he showed he didnt learn.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  7. Dragonite

He was drunk and he killed a dude. If he was sober he may not of, maybe he would of, if he saw the dude why didn't he stop? A car is designed to stop within a couple hundred feet if the breaks are slammed on and he was doing the speed limit, from what I recall he had plenty of time to stop and would of had even more time if he was sober. He flashed his lights, he knew the guy was there he could of done a number of things to avoid the guy, and a number more if he was sober and could have thought straight. Maybe he shouldn't be number one but he's far more despicable than Tiger, than Suh, than Ovechkin. WHY ISNT HE ON THE LIST?

8. bossco

bossco Rookie

How about ray Lewis how is he forgiven for what he did. Wait he turned rat and found God. All is forgiven

Droid x. 49ers

9. Dragonite

Technically there was never any proof right? Just like Kobe. And OJ lol.......:icon_rolleyes:

10. bossco

bossco Rookie

When do we need proof to say anyone is guilty. This is America you are guilty until proven otherwise

Droid x. 49ers

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

This right here is what makes your argument useless. You don't know if the roads were wet, you don't know if his tires were a little worn, you don't know how much room he really had before he hit the guy, you don't know so many things with this, and no I am not defending his actions by any means, but I am going off of what I know, and what I know is that Vick went out of his was to harm hundreds(which he admitted to doing) of innocent animals. And you never made any sort of comeback to my comparison to 10 dogs to one human. So I will type it again, say 10 dogs equal one human, then Vick killed roughly 3-5 easily, and he knew that he was going to do that. So what is worse? 1 involuntary manslaughter, or 3-5 premeditated killings?

12. markaz

Hey...watch it now. OJ was innocent of carving up his wife and Goldstein. Apparently you didn't see that the glove didn't fit.

mj- You said "...you don't know how much room he really had before he hit the guy..." That is the one piece that I've never read about but would like to know. Is the detailed police report public information in Florida?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  13. Dragonite

Ummmm actually thats the other way around...

14. Dragonite

Dogs and humans are not equal EVER. There is no comparison. I don't give a heck that a dog is a cute cuddly pet for y'all they are not a comparison to a human life ever. I love dogs too. Still not a comparison.

Also if the roads were wet, you drive slower knowing you can't stop as fast. If your tires are worn, you get them fixed. YOU TAKE PRECAUTIONS TO NOT RUN OVER A PERSON. Especially if as you say people j-walk all the time there, that means you KNOW its going to happen, so you take even more precautions to not run a person over. I am sorry but millions of people j-walk a day, and millions of people avoid running them over. HE RAN A GUY OVER AND KILLED HIM. I get it, it was an accident, but he should AT LEAST BE ON THE LIST.

15. Dragonite

According to what I read he had plenty of room to stop but instead of slowing down all he did was flashed his lights...that was what I read when it happened it could be wrong. He still could have swerved around the guy. If the guy was in the road and the sidewalk was empty ride the sidewalk and go around him, or if no oncoming traffic go into the other lane. There are many ways he could have avoided running over the guy.

But he was intoxicated he didn't have time to think of any of these. Oh he could of pulled the e brake too would have possibly helped if he wasn't stopping fast enough or anything like that.

All of those things have flashed through my head when I've been close to hitting people j-walking in a matter of seconds. I have done the sidewalk thing to miss someone before. But Donte was drunk I doubt he had time to think ANY of that.

16. markaz

For whatever it's worth this article written by attorneys of the Cuban American Bar Association gives the best account of the Stallworth incident that I've seen. http://www.cabaonline.com/sites/default/files/briefs/BreifsSummer2009.pdf. It actually provides info based on a snippet of video of the actual accident (Florida Power & Light camera). It definitely gives some info that I was unaware of. The article can be found on page 56.

17. bossco

bossco Rookie

Give examples. People convicted Kobe before they knew the facts but no one talks about big ben. He should be at the top of anyones hate list.

Droid x. 49ers

18. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

19. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

My .02

And what I learned from driving a 18 wheeler which I'm still licensed to drive. If some person crosses into your lane and you can't stop, you never try an swerve out of the way bc in doing so you may go into another lane or oncoming traffic thus causing another accident or series of accidents and injuring or possibly killing other people

And Donte is not on the list because people don't hate him simple as that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

People forgive accidents more that things done on purpose. End of story.