Eagles TE Clay Harbor Will Debut As WR Vs Panthers

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Eagles tight end Clay Harbor was a wide receiver in high school and started his college career as a wideout. Harbor's journey has come full circle six years later as new Eagles head coach Chip Kelly has moved Harbor back to the wide receiver corps according to Reuben Frank of CSN Philly.

It's not like Harbor has much to lose by reverting to his old position as he was the fourth tight end on the Eagles depth chart behind Brent Celek, Zach Ertz and James Casey at tight end and was a longshot to make the roster anyway. Although Harbor has good athleticism, he's extremely limited as a route-runner, Harbor has just 47 catches for 421 yards with four touchdowns in his three-year career. The Eagles are now desperate at wide receiver with the season-ending injuries to Jeremy Maclin and Arrelious Benn and are willing to give the 6'3", 250-lb Harbor a shot. “I’m open to it,â€￾ Harbor said. “The more you can do, the more reps you can get, just makes you more valuable as a player.â€￾

Source: The Redzone

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Any thoughts on the Eagles keeping Harbor at TE and trading Celek?

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

heck no celek needs to stay hes a hard nose football player and what we need on this team. Clay harbor is ok in his own right though.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I don't think there is a big market for Celek. He's also the back-up long snapper. I think the Harbor WR experiment has to do with their lack of WR depth and a way to keep him on the team.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think there could be a nice
    Market for Celek...Steelers, Patriots, Ravens...

I don't think they would trade him either, but if Ertz shows up big, it could make him expendable? What's Celek's cap hit compared to Casey and Harbor?

Just trying to fuel a conversation...

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

well see how good the rookie is first