Eagles WR DeSean Jackson No-Show At Training Camp Thursday Morning

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Wide receiver DeSean Jackson's holdout is officially underway as he did not report to Eagles training camp Thursday morning. He's represented by Drew Rosenhaus and clearly has no intention of playing for just $565,000 in the final year of his rookie deal. The Eagles will almost certainly take care of Jackson -- the question is just how long hammering out a monster contract will take.

Source: Jonathan Tamari: Twitter.com

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

...and so it begins...

3. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Lets be honest if I was as good as him and as big a part of the offence as he was I'd want more than $500,000 a year.

4. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

What an idiot.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

why ? because like any other player that has seriously outperformed their current deal and is going into the last year of said contract with no current negociations going on for a new onel he decides to holdout ?

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Philly has a TO starter kit in DeSean Jackson.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lol...T.O. starter kit...

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

When will players freaking learn that it helps your case a lot more to just show up for camp and be the consummate professional.

Screw this overpriced decoy. Go overpay for Burress and let Jackson sit.

9. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

^ I hate agreeing with you bisexxy but damnit I do.

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Exactly, he is wanting 7, 8, 9 million a year for being a decoy. I would give him a 4 year deal worth around 20 million 6 guaranteed with performance escalators.

11. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

He needs to be smart and relize we are tryin to bring home a trophy, and hes just preventing it.

12. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Is this how Desean Jackson comes off to you? a team player willing to take less so his team can have better players around him? odd.

13. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

Not by any means. just voicing my opinion.

wish he was tho =)

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

i used to get burned up over this stuff but not anymore, it's part of the business. the eagles never let a guy hang going into his last year of a contract. the lockout took away a ton of time for the eagles to negociate.

relax. this is nothing like TO.

15. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I wouldent exactly call desean jackson a decoy hes a play maker. He may not have huge stats but hes a guy you want to have the ball when the game is on the line.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

knuckleheads with this decoy label. decoy's do not routinely score 50yrd plus td's.

not to mention he also continually ass-rapes opposing special teams.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  17. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

exactly

18. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I think this is something the Eagles will do. Reid is a smart guy, I doubt he will put the team in financial turmoil for one guy who albeit is an exciting playmaker. Thing is... Jackson is kinda small and IMO is more prone to injury. (mainly cause punt returns are more dangerous than just playing WR)

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

the guy is worth way more than $500k. not saying he deserves top WR money but somewhere in between please.

20. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

With a truncated off-season and rushed training camp start, I wonder how long he or others will attempt to hold out. The 90 man rosters mean coaches are under more pressure to figure out their final set group in a shorter time frame.