Eagles WR DeSean Jackson No-Show At Training Camp Thursday Morning

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

No way they don't figure something out... The offense don't work as good without Jackson in the mix.

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

No crap. Everyone knows this. Point is, does this make the team all of a sudden feel like they better hurry up and extend him? No, it makes him look like a selfish player worrying only about himself in a time when the FO has a hundred other things to worry about at the moment.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

The decoy knock was a partial joke. I am obviously aware of what he is capable of. Reality is, teams need to assign a corner to him and a safety deep on his side of the field, or they could very well get burned. That makes him a decoy simply because he commands that coverage. In more games last year than I care to remember, the defense stuck a corner and safety on him and shut him down, thus making him only a decoy. Vick isn't going to put that ball in the air because he is a midget and will not be able to fight through two players for the ball like a Burress/Fitzgerald/Megatron would.

Does he deserve more money? Sure. Is he going about it the wrong way at a terrible time? Of course he is. Rosenhaus is his agent for heck's sake.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

who cares, the eagles choose to not address this BEFORE the strike. they are as much at fault for this as jackson.

my point is that assuming both parties get this worked out quickly i'm not gonna go ballistic over this. not yet anyway. :icon_cool:

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Well, the guy is under contract for this year. They probably figured they would have a whole season of football to work something out with him.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

they had all last season to get it done, before rosenpuke got involved. c'mon man, you know this front office's arrogance but even they rarely ever let a guy they intend to re-sign go this far into the contact. especially one where the player has grossly outperformed the monitary value of the terms.

i'm not saying i back jackson but i'm not letting the eagles walk away without equal blame on this.

that said, again, i think this will get worked out quickly but to say the eagles were busy with so many other things is a weak copout. how was jackson not right up there on the priority list ? not like other teams haven't re-signed/extended their players deals.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  7. 86WARD

86WARD -

He'll probably miss some "useless" time at camp, report, get extended and then repeat in a few years...

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

decoy? yeah sometimes but thats hardly all he is.

the eagles really should pay him, they just freed up $10 million with the kolb trade, and imo vick needs jackson and maclin together on the field.

woodley played for 550k last year just to be slapped with the tag...cant say i blame him for holding out for a deal, especially a guy as little as he is

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Schlereth said something that stuck with me this morning. He basically said NFL contracts are viewed by teams as three year deals because that starts getting into the chunkier part of the deal and if the player isn't living up to the contract, they ask him to take a paycut or kick him off the team. He said that is basically how players view them these days. If a player has outperformed their rookie deal for the first three years, they deserve to hold out and get a better one.

I actually agree with that, and it might change the way I view some of these holdouts.