ESPN Suspends Rob Parker For RG3 Comments

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Dec 14, 2012.

1. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

not at all what I said

I want freedom of speech the way it's written in the first amendment

you have the right to say what you want

companies have the right to discipline you for saying offensive things

not "hidden speech"

2. yisman

exactly

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

You said to this:

This:

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

after thinking about it over night I have come up with a decision on why Rob Parker is always so pissed about the race thing. He is pissed because his older brother gets all the attention and he is trying to get his. Who is his brother you are asking???? None other than this guy

[​IMG]

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I don't get why everyone is so angry, he said multiple times that he hasn't sat down and talked with RG3 and let us be honest here okay and I have experienced this first hand, black people, well spoken, poorly spoken, talk differently when they are just talking to each other. He kept saying I just wanna see if he's a brother, so he's pretty much calling him an uncle tom and wants to see if this whole well spoken white black guy facade he has in the media is an act. I don't understand why everyone is so pissed off about this. I just got home from Italy, I'm stoned as hell, I could be completely wrong about this, but I did see this video and I did think it was on the line but fired, eh IDK.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

should have just kept his mouth shut! if he were white,he'd have been canned before he finished the sentence.

7. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Funny how skin color changes that isn't it?

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

things in america media just seem to push that through rather quickly,don't they?

9. yisman

Exactly. This is not a freedom of speech issue.

He has the right to say whatever he wants. Just not on the airwaves. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say whatever you want on the air. Parker works for a company and the company has the right to fire him because he's hurting their interests.

So how exactly am I suppressing his freedom of speech? I didn't say he should be thrown in prison or killed because he says stupid things.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

You didn't say that he couldn't voice his opinion elsewhere. You stated that he couldn't do it on the air waves. You don't want him to do it on the air waves. You want him muzzled.

11. yisman

well obviously no company is going to pay him to say that stuff

I don't want him "muzzled". I am just acknowledging the right of a company to fire an idiot who is hurting their bottom line.

He is free to say whatever he wants. He's just probably not going to be able to do it over the airwaves, because companies can find other people who don't say things like that.

Again, nothing to do with freedom of speech and I didn't say he should be muzzled. He has as much a right to speak his mind as you or I. He just may lose the privilege of being paid to spew idiocy.