Even Those From Canada Unhappy With Game In Toronto

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bills' started by wide right, Dec 7, 2008.

1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

For Buffalo Bills fans who never miss a home game, today will be strange. "It's the worst idea they've ever had," said David Patfield, 32, of Toronto, who estimates he makes five or six trips to Orchard Park each season. "You can't tailgate, the stadium's a dump. It takes all the fun out of it if you can just hop on the subway." Only those who bought special ticket packages will have tailgating privileges. Outdoor consumption of alcohol and grilling is illegal. "Our government will never allow it, either, we're way too conservative," said Claude Taillefer, 57, of Barrie, Ontario. "Going to watch football without tailgating is just going to a game," said Jean-Francois Traversy, 39, of Gatineau, Quebec.

Source: Democrat & Chronicle

2. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

see? put the games back in buffalo. where they belong

3. BettorFan

BettorFan Starter

Who wants to see the Bills anyways?

4. wide right

just the 73,000 who fill the stadium every week...

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

At least 20 000 of those are probably there to watch the other team

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

The Bills are a team with kinda a funny market.

Alot of people assume "small" but they dont realize that they are tapped into 4 decent sized markets. Buffalo, Rocherster, Toronto, and Syracuse

7. wide right

Not really. 6 of the 7 home games sold out to season ticket holders before sales of tickets became public. The remaining 1 quickly sold out when tickets went on sale to the general public. So considering that, you're dead wrong.
    :bills:

8. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

yeah. ive always consider the bills fans some of the greatest in the country. i think its an injustice that they have to lose a game to canada

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

My GF is Canadian and she's not unhappy about the game in Toronto.

10. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

I noticed a bunch of empty seats in the Rogers Centre. Why give Toronto a game if they can't fill the freakin' stadium?????:tsk:

11. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Wasn't there a local TV blackout last year, bc the slow ticket sales?

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Probably.

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

as a dolphin fan I was happy about the game in canada, but as a football fan I was disappointed. Goodell is an idiot and a greedy butthole sending games out of this country.

14. PoohBear

PoohBear Rule Beartannia!!

Exactly, Joe those are good markets and that is why the Bills have had such a solid following over the years. It would be hard for me to imagine western New York with out them or those avid die hard cold weather fans. The NFL has two frozen tundra teams IMOJ

15. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Good going Goodell!

16. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

No tailgateing that really blows how can you tailgate without alcohol and grilling.

17. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Does Montreal have a football stadium? Great, move them there.