Ex-Patriot Rodney Harrison Calls Out TE Rob Gronkowski

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by Sweets, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Former Patriot safety Rodney Harrison had some tough words for tight end Rob Gronkowski Wednesday, telling ESPNChicago Radio 1000 that Gronkowski "disrespected himself" by dancing and taking off his shirt at the team's postgame party following the Super Bowl XLVI loss to the Giants. "I guarantee you this, if Willie McGinest, Tedy Bruschi, Larry Izzo, Richard Seymour or myself had been at that party, (Gronkowski) probably would have got his head rung," said Harrison, who admitted he has not seen the video or photos of Gronkowski dancing at the party. "There's no reason for that to happen." "When we lost the Super Bowl, any of my Super Bowl losses, I was so devastated the last thing I ever wanted to do was party, let alone dance or take off your shirt," he added. "It's just immaturity. It's not right. He made a mistake and I'm sure he feels absolutely stupid about it at this point. There's a time and place for everything." When told that veteran Patriots offensive lineman Matt Light was also photographed with his shirt off, Harrison said he was "surprised." To Harrison, it's the veteran leadership on the team that should have ensured something like that didn't happen. "The leadership has to step up and someone has to pull (Gronkowski) to the side and say 'Look young man, this is inappropriate, this is not the time nor the place. You need to grow up,'" Harrison said. "And that's what it comes down to. I like this kid. I think he's a good kid, works hard, is unselfish. But he made a mistake ..."There's a certain way of representing yourself and your family and that's not the right way."

Source: The Redzone

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

OMG Rodney, shut the heck up dude....this holier than thou attitude you've been sporting since joining TV is phoney and ridiculous...you know if it happened when you were there you wouldn't have done CRAP...FREAK YOU! You're as bad as Warren Sapp.

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Yeah Harrison is a jackass

4. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

:soapbox:

^^^^ He needs to get off his.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

nothing wrong with him losing a GAME and going to a party to drink and have butt throw itself at him

6. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Exactly what Kyle said, nothing wrong with him going to a damn party to celebrate the end of a long season. Even after losing a Super Bowl.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRFRf6hr39o]Rob Gronkowski dances the night away! - YouTube[/ame]

8. SuperSerial

SuperSerial Starter

What the players do on their time in the off season is none of Harrison's business.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i agree with the sentiments here. just because gronkowski doesn't blow off steam or behave exactly as rodney would doesn't give rodney the right to say he's doing it wrong. everyone is different. it's obvious gronk is a fierce competitor and has worked his butt off to be the best. that's all rodney should be concerned with.

of course, maybe i'm biased because i've never thought rodney harrison was a decent human being, even way back in his early playing days. in my opinion, he's just not a good person.