Faber Wants Another Shot

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by CP26, Nov 7, 2008.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Since the purchase of World Extreme Cagefighting by Zuffa in 2006, “The California Kid” Urijah Faber had become the top star in the promotion because of his exciting style and relentless aggression, but on Wednesday night the king dropped his crown as Faber lost his 145lb title to Mike Brown. After the fight was over, Faber made no excuses for the loss, which was on the 2nd of his career and the first loss for him since September 2005. “Unfortunate, lost the belt tonight, got caught with a solid punch and TKO’ed first round,” Faber stated.

Source: MMA Weekly

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

It was unfortunate.

He took Brown way too lightly.

He will get the belt back though, I have no doubt.

3. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

he may have to make a couple guys tapout or go night night before he gets another shot but it's coming and when it does he'll destroy Brown, if Brown still has the title by then.

4. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Faber will battle back. He's got too many skills to not by in a championship fight for long. His speed was exceptional the other night.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I don't think he took or takes anyone too lightly. MMA is a sport where not always the best guy wins, but everyone gets caught now and then, be it luck or a slip-up or both and the superior overall fighter gores down. That's what makes it exciting to me. Fabers no Liddell who let himself go and can't hold his own anymore. He's a fiery, focused, and skilled (IMO most skilled in class) kid who happened to get caught with a bad one. I don't see it as a reflection on Brown or himself, my opinion on either guy has not changed since the fight. Urijah deserves to and will be back on top. He is currently the consummate fighter in his class and division in any promotion. Word is bond.