Falcons Coach Mike Smith One Win Away From Tying Dan Reeves For Most Wins

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Oct 13, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

If the Falcons defeat the Oakland Raiders on Sunday, they’ll probably have to beg coach Mike Smith to take the game ball.

“He deserves something,†safety William Moore said. “I’m sure we’ll come up with something.â€

The Falcons’ humble leader likes to deflect any attention away from the head coaching office. But with another win, he’ll tie Dan Reeves for the most victories in franchise history, with 49.

Smith had never been a head coach at any level before being selected to lead the Falcons. After 16 years coaching in the college ranks, he cut his teeth in the NFL working with the Baltimore Ravens and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Source: Atlanta Journal Constitution

2. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

He deserves it. Smitty has been outstanding since coming to Atlanta (minus the playoff struggles). Most consecutive winning seasons in franchise history (never had back to back winning seasons until him), some of the best records in franchise history, and a team that is talented enough to win it all. I may not have always been confident in our QB and OC, but I have been confident in our Head Coach, I feel like we can win a Super Bowl with him.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

How long do you think he lasts if the playoff woes continue? Think he'll get Andy Reid style infinite chances or are they going to start looking around if you guys dont get deep into the postseason in the immediate future?