Falcons Corner Back Dunta Robinson Fined $40,000

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by Sportsguy, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Falcons cornerback Dunta Robinson will be fined $40,000 — but not suspended — for his hit on Eagles receiver Jeremy Maclin on Sunday night.It’s the second year in a row that Robinson has had a heavy fine for a hit on an Eagles receiver; last year he got fined $50,000 for a hit in DeSean Jackson, although that fine was later reduced to $25,000 on appeal.Former NFL cornerback Merton Hanks, who is now a V.P. of Football Operations for the league office, notified Robinson of the fine in a letter and warned him, “Future offenses will result in an escalation of fines up to and including suspension.â€￾The fine will be upsetting to Robinson, who claimed after the game that he had done nothing wrong. But Robinson should be thankful he wasn’t suspended. As a repeat offender, he may be on his last warning.

Source: Profootballtalk

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Cocksucker.

'Future offenses'? You mean like the one last night?

3. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

What the heck......I know we don't want players getting unnecessarily injured but come on it's football. You knew the risk you were taking when you signed the contract...

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

He's lucky it wasn't more. Isn't he a repeat offender?

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

So last season it's $50k appealed to $25K. This season it's $40K...appealed to $20K? Lol...

One year 50, the next 40. Wow...so what's the 10,000 difference for? Cause he had one foot on the ground?

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

think it was because the guy was considered a runner. to me that was a good hit.

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

He led with the crown of his helmet. That's not cool. Dude should be out for a game.

8. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I agree its football come on. Enough is Enough.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't mind the hard hits...I enjoy them. But the rule is the rule...it is what it is now. It was an awesome hit. Do I think it should be illegal? No. But whatever.

My issue now is how do they come up with the amounts of the fines? One year it's 50000 for a first time offender. The second offense it's 40000. Just more inconsistencies in the NFL...

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I love hits. I think it sucks how the NFL is cutting them out of the game. But leading with the top of your helmet is a no no. And this guy seems to make a habit of it. Against the Eagles at least.

11. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

looked like he was going in for a tackle. instincts is to lower your head. hard to keep your head up.