Falcons Hire Dirk Koetter To Coordinate Offense

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by Sweets, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Atlanta Falcons have hired Dirk Koetter to replace Mike Mularkey as the team's offensive coordinator, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports. Mularkey left the Falcons to accept the Jacksonville Jaguars head coaching position last week. Koetter, 52, coordinated offenses at UTEP, Missouri, Boston College and Oregon before being spending nine seasons as the head coach at Boise State (1998-2000) and Arizona State (2001-06). Koetter jumped to the NFL as the Jacksonville Jaguars offensive coordinator in 2007, a position he held through the 2011 season.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

um, ok. i will be curious to see falcon fans' reactions to this one.

koetter has been highly sought after, for some reason......... i'm not sure why ........... koetter hasn't exactly been a huge success as an nfl coordinator. his offenses consistently rank in the bottom of the league and he has more busts at QB and WR than any other offensive coach in the last several years

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Same thoughts Captain...

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

now, granted, jacksonville is a coaching graveyard in my opinion so maybe he can do more with talent but, really, if you look at what koetter had to work with from a personnel standpoint, I would think he could have done better.

5. kenman923

kenman923 Rookie

I would have rather seen him go to Dallas or Cleveland. I don't like either team.

6. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

I'm skeptical, but at the same time, it's not like he had any offensive weapons during his tenure at Jacksonville outside of Garrard and MJD...moreso MJD