Falcons LB Sean Weatherspoon Back In The Starting Lineup?

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Nov 30, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Falcons released their depth chart for the Tampa Bay game on Tuesday. They are still listing Sean Weatherspoon as the No. 1 strongside linebacker although he’s coming in with the nickel and Stephen Nicholas is starting with the base defense. Weatherspoon suffered a sprained right knee against Cleveland on Oct. 10 and missed four games. “I think that Sean is progressing in terms of his recovery,†Falcons coach Mike Smith said. “I don’t know that he’s 100 percent and of course at this point in the season I’m not sure if there’s many guys that are playing that are 100 percent.†Weatherspoon played 35 snaps in his return against St. Louis. Against Green Bay, he had three tackles. “We kept him only in our sub-package so he did not play in our base-package, but he got the majority of the snaps based on the personnel groupings that we saw,†Smith said. “Again, Sean is a rookie and he’s getting back into the swing of things. I saw things that he progressed on from the St. Louis game to this game and we anticipate he’ll just get right back into the swing of things as he starts feeling better.â€

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution