Falcons RB Michael Turner Expects More Carries In '09

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Jul 6, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Falcons RB Michael Turner, who had 376 carries last season, said he is preparing for another heavy workload this season. "Treat every week like it's Week 1," Turner said when asked about taking care of his body and getting ready for so many carries. "Don't take anything for granted. Make sure your body is right and fresh every week. If you don't do it at the beginning of the season then you're going to feel the effects later on the year."

Source: AtlantaFalcons.com

2. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I'm curious to see if Turner can improve on last years numbers. The guy is a beast, and the success of Matt Ryan will be affected by Turner. If he has a big year, Ryan could be even better than last year with Roddy White in a contract year and the addition of Gonzo. I personally think Turner has a monster year.

3. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

376 IS ALOT OF CARRIES we need to give him less if anything so he can be fresher...we faced some truely awful run D's last year(Detroit, KC,STL) and this season will be a lot tougher for him.

4. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Give the ball to Jerious a little more, use those two as a tandem, they will be one of the best if we use them correctly.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I agree with you guys, giving him more carries is a bad idea. Just look at what happened in KC with Johnson. Not to mention that was his first full season as a starter and he isn't used to carrying the ball that much.

6. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I think Turner is one of a few guys that has a shot at a 2,000 yard season even though he has a tougher schedule this year.

7. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

I had Turner on my fantasy team last year so I watched his stats closely. He was very hit and miss. I think there's a very good chance of him having a not so great year. As stated above, he faced a few weak defenses, which REALLY boosted his stats.

..and my fantasy points. :icon_cheesygrin:

8. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Using the two RBs more will give Turner more yards IMO, teams won't be just gearing for him. They know that if they don't contain the outside Norwood is going to bust a long one on them.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i have to admit that i was wrong about turner. i didn't think he could be an every-down back. and as far as giving him the ball even more..........? my feeling is that the teams may as well run the hell out of a guy while he's young and healthy. there's no reason to 'rest' him in this age of free agency and the risk of injury. run him while you've got him.

10. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

Wih Gonzo in the lineup and Norwood being used more things will really open up for Turner, even against better defenses. There were teams last year that dared us to beat them in the air and he didn't have very good games statistically in some of those contests. I think we're more balanced and just better as a whole this year, thus Turner will be much more effective. I hope he has less carries this year.

11. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Damn how do you beat 376 carries.

12. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

he can get more touches as last year he caught 6 balls

13. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

with Gonzo there now his touches are going 2 drop. but his yards per carry will go up 2.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

You don't want more carries Michael...