Falcons Release DE John Abraham, CB Dunta Robinson

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by Sweets, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Atlanta Falcons are releasing cornerback Dunta Robinson, running back Michael Turner and defensive end John Abraham today, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

According to D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Turner’s release saves the team $6.4 million under the salary cap. Abraham saves the $5.75 million and Robinson saves $3.75 million. In all, the team got $15.9 million under the salary cap by releasing the three veterans.

“In 2008, we came in here and we were the youngest team in the NFL,â€￾ Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said. “This last year, we were one of the oldest teams.â€￾

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  2. GreenFish11

GreenFish11 Special Teamer

Re: Falcons Releasing DE John Abraham, CB Dunta Robinson

Sad day. These three guys were some of the backbones of our team. I saw Turner and Robinson coming but not Abraham.

I hope all three find other jobs and they should.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, they released turner too.

i would say abraham is the big loss and will be hardest to replace. robinson and turner are both replaceable.

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Wow didnt expect Abe

Even radio here intonw didn't see it comimg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I thought we all saw Abraham coming...no? Wasn't there talk of that leading up to the release?

6. GreenFish11

There was talk of it but it wasn't a certain expectation. A lot of people are surprised.

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

People were talking of restructure or something bit not out right cut. Airwaves were not happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, i doubt very many falcon fans are happy because abraham will be hard to replace. he has been a stud for quite a while and had another good year in 2012.

9. GreenFish11

The falcons may be moving to a 3-4 defense.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He had his snap count drastically reduced to keep him on the field and dissapeared in the playoffs.

11. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Add Turner to the list and the Falcons just freed up just a bit less than $16 million of cap space. What are they going to do? Offer Gonzalez all of it to play another year?
    Send Abraham over to Phoenix for a tryout.:buttrock:

12. GreenFish11

I am hoping they lock up SS Moore and CB Grimes and LT Baker. Baker all of the sudden became a higher priority due to so many LT's taken off the market yesterday.

This was a move to retain their own players, also Matt Ryan should be looking at a nice new shiny contract.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2