Falcons Sign CB Dunta Robinson To A Six-Year, $57M Deal

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports via twitter that the Falcons have signed cornerback Dunta Robinson to a six-year, $57 Million contract that includes $25.5 Million in guarantees. The Falcons, who ranked 28th in pass defense in 2009, targeted Robinson awhile ago and seized the opportunity to nab the best cornerback in free agency. Atlanta's smallish corners were targeted last season and Robinson adds size and better coverage ability than any defensive back on the roster.

Source: Adam Schefter: Twitter.com

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2010
  2. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

$25.5 guarenteed? seriously ffs

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

that's a lot money for a guy that didn't have any interceptions last year

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

IDK but the fans are pretty excited around these parts

5. DontKnowMe

I have a feeling they will be disappointed next season. He hasn't really been the same since he hecked up his leg.

6. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Interceptions arn't the be all and end all at the CB position. You wanna look at passes completed, touchdowns/yards allowed and deflections before INTs.

7. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

If he's a legitimate #1 CB for us, he'll be worth the money. We've been trying to solidify that unit for years.

8. DontKnowMe

Add 9 defended passes for the season and forced fumble. He had a tendency to play off of the receivers most of the time and came to make the tackle after the catch. From what remember he didn't shut anybody down this year. He was a better player before his injury, but I don't think he is worth that kind of money now.

9. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

ACL was in 2008, right? Usually those injuries take a year to heal, so he was expected a down year in 2009. With his talent he should rebound in 2010 with a solid year.

Was he on #1 receivers all year or did he play left/right?

10. DontKnowMe

2007, Torn ACL and torn hamstring. He missed part of 2008 from that same injury, and I don't remember if he only covered #1 receivers last year.

11. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

He almost always played against the #1 guy IIRC.

*And don't forget the almost-certain PI call on him on 3rd downs.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Yeah, Atlanta just got D-Robbed. :rimshot:

12. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

So he was no good before he got injured? It's not like he's an old man or anything. Injury year, one year to recover, plus I think you guys had new defensive coaches if I'm not mistaken. We'll take him. Detroit is the team that got robbed for giving us picks for a guy that was going to get cut anyway.