Falcons TE Tony Gonzalez To Consider Retirement

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Jan 16, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Falcons 15-year veteran TE Tony Gonzalez acknowledged he may have played his last game Saturday in the team’s divisional playoff loss to Green Bay. “It’s always a possibility,†Gonzalez said. “Year 15 is a long time.†Gonzalez said he will take time to get away from football and make a decision later. If he leaves the game now, it won’t be because he isn’t playing at a top level. He caught 70 passes, made the Pro Bowl and started all 16 games for the 11th time in his 14 seasons. Following the game, he raved about the team’s core and guaranteed that the Falcons will be one of the NFL’s glamour teams over the next five or six years. “That’s definitely going to weigh into my decision whether or not I come back,†he said.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

it's actually kind of amusing that Gonzalez demanded to be traded to a team of his choosing so he could win a playoff game before retirement ............. how'd that work out for you Tony?

3. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

If he retires I will feel bad for him, he's never been able to get the ring he coveted so much and he was a really hard competitor.

4. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

he is retiring 2 return 2 the Chiefs lol

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

It's a damn shame when players of this caliber retire without a ring.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Greg Olsen in Atlanta?

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

If the Bears are still trying to move Greg Olsen after Sundays game, shame on them.

8. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Yes for the moment.. It is a shame he doesn't have a ring though. :icon_sad:

I think Witten will take that spot by the time it is all said and done. /shameless plug for Witten