Falcons WR Roddy White Becomes Team's All Time Receptions Leader

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Nov 4, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Atlanta Falcons have had some pretty great wide receivers in their history. Alfred Jenkins, Andre Rison and Terrance Mathis all spring readily to mind.

Roddy White may have surpassed all of them already, and he certainly added a bullet point to resume with tonight's game against the Dallas Cowboys. White caught seven passes for 118 yards in the game, and that was enough to propel him past Mathis for the all-time receptions record.

It's quite an honor for White, who turned an disappointing start to his career into an eye-popping string of seasons.

Source: SBNation.com

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Kinda surprised it was Mathis and not Rison he passed

Sent from my HTC Vivid

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

roddy has very quietly put together a nice career. he doesn't get a lot of notoriety. he doesn't do a lot of flashy stuff but he's very consistent, is a great route runner, has great hands, and knows how to move the chains.

dude is one of the better WR's over the past several years in my opinion.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Agree with both posts. Surprised it was Mathis and White is way under rated!!

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Will be passed by Julio Jones.

6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Anyone remember when Terance Mathis was the 3rd receiver with the Jets? I had no clue he was the man to break that record. I guess he was racking them numbers up in the Red Gun days with Jeff George.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Bj91cuFL0]All-Time Best - YouTube[/ame]

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, i dunno. we'll see. a lot of times receivers that have huge success early on turn into divas. if jones does, he will probably look for greener pastures at free agency.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Anyone remember Mathis Time with the Pittsburgh Steelers? I think that was in year 2002 or somewhere in the early 2000s...

9. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Way to go Roddy! Best player to ever come out of UAB

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Rodregis Brooks > Roddy.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32: