Father Of Redskins QB Robert Griffin III Says ACL Is Partially Intact

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Sweets, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

When Robert Griffin III underwent surgery early Wednesday to repair his torn right lateral collateral ligament, it was determined that his right anterior cruciate ligament was also damaged and needed reconstructive surgery for a second time since 2009, Griffin's father told Jim Corbett of USA Today.

The surgery was performed by renowned orthopedist James Andrews in Pensacola, Fla, and began early Wednesday as scheduled after MRI's initially showed no evidence of the ACL tear, according to Griffin II.

"Robert's ACL is intact, but not enough for his profession,'' Griffin II said in a text message to USA TODAY Sports. "You and I could be fine. But he is an athlete. So they will replace.''

The timetable for Griffin's recovery is unknown at this point, but renowned orthopedist Dr. Neal ElAttrache told USA TODAY Sports that, with a typical isolated ACL reconstruction, it takes at least six months for a skill-position player to get back on the field doing position-specific drills.

Source: The Redzone

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I never really understood the parents that want to hold interviews or press conferences.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

[​IMG]

Sent from my HTC Vivid