Finally! Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by TJ, Feb 20, 2015.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It was just announced that Floyd Mayweather will finally fight Manny Pacquiao on May 2nd. IMO it's 3 to 5 years too late, but still.

I'm rooting for Pacman just because I really want somebody, anybody, to shut Floyd up.

Who are you rooting for?

2. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

I want to see manny destroy mayweather

TJ likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Definitely 5 years too late, but I'll be rooting for Mayweather. USA n' shirt.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Mayweather!

5. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Mayweather, sorry guys.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Too little too late. 5 years too late? More like ten. I would have been psyched if this had happened in either of their prime, but Parkinson's ridden Manny J Fox versus old ass Floyd Beiber is just a joke and an obvious nostalgic cash grab. What's next, a 2015 Frank Shamrock/Royce Gracie UFC headliner?

TJ likes this.
  7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'll take Mayweather but only because I'm pretty sure Pacquiao is unequivocally brain damaged and likely to have a seizure mid-fight.

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

With Mayweather pocketing around $120 million and Pacquiao $80 million I hopes it's a draw. Who do I want to win? I don't care. It's all over-hyped bullshirt.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

not surprised the fight sucked. mayweather, while a great "boxer", is never going to give you an epic "fight". its like watching pernell whitaker or bernard hopkins.

the only thing that wouldve made this a good fight was a younger, hungrier pacman.

oh well, back to wishing aids on floyd.

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

One week later, Canelo and Kirkland gave a 1000 times better fight...and it only lasted three rounds.

Pacman was injured, wasn't allowed to take anti inflamatory medication, and refused to cancel or postpone the fight. Now he had surgery, will recover in a few months, and you never know...we might have a rematch.

It would be the same, though....

BTW Maybe they need to put a woman in the ring for Floyd to throw punches.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

no doubt the shoulder was an issue but the mayweather camp made sure there were a thousand stipulations and mannys camp missed a deadline to request a shot by minutes and of course the mayweather people jumped at the chance to deny it.

that sucks but ultimately thats on mannys people. they shouldve postponed the fight but money dictated otherwise.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

the golovkin/monroe fight was pretty damn good too. 6rd TKO win for golovkin but monroe connected with some good shots but he was just overmatched.