Floyd Mayweather Making Things Racial Against Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by Dragonite, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

God I hate him.

This is kinda true though.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Nice comment, punchy, you freaking racist.

Consider this an open invitation to join us at gridironfans.com and you can start your own collection of Yellow cards.

4. Dragonite

Not really. Five people TOTAL have done what Lin has done.
    Most people don't go out and outscore Kobe, black white asian or indian doesn't matter what Lin has done in his first five games is RARELY done by anyone.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

so, not only is mayweather a ducking snitch he's also a racist. not surprising.

of course the media and fans are going to be interested in some no name that is doing what lin is doing right now. it's an underdog story.

6. Dragonite

not only is it an underdog story but stories like this happen once in a generation in the NBA so NBA fans are going to ride this till it dies they never see this. The last true underdog story in the NBA was Billy Ray Bates

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Almost as big as this:
    [​IMG]

8. Dragonite

Taht girl is hott man. :)

9. Steve12

Anyone see Lin's game winner tonight? He's playing better than anyone in the league right now.

10. bossco

bossco Rookie

Was mayweather drunk again?

Droid x. 49ers

11. Dragonite

Lin scored 27 hit the game winner and Amare was in the lineup. People still think this guy is a fluke? He's going OFF.

12. bossco

bossco Rookie

He is no fluke. Just a complete surprise

Droid x. 49ers

13. Dragonite

Well a lot of people think he is a fluke. Nobody here there.

14. Steve12

When Melo comes back Lin will drop off. Melo won't be letting anyone else take the last shot.

15. Dragonite

Everyone is being way to harsh on Melo lol. I doubt Lin will be scoring 27 a game when Melo comes back but melo isn't going to demand the ball every play, Lin will go 20 and 8 and if he keeps hitting game winners he will keep getting the game winners. Melo wasn't that big of an butt in Denver, he will score the most points but he won't be the butt everyone seems to think he is.

16. Steve12

I wasn't saying he was an butt. I'm a big Melo fan. I'm just saying when the game is close and you need 1 shot he's the guy that needs to be taking the shot. Not a D league role player on a hot streak.

17. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Ahit probably make melo better and want melo a good passer in Denver and had a lot of asst

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

mayweather is partially correct. obviously one of the unique things about Lin is his heritage.

However, if mayweather is inferring that we're all racists for making Lin a story, then that's bullcrap.

if a black, deaf guy was doing this in New York on the big stage, you bet your butt he would be getting just as much attention because he would be unique in addition to being the underdog.

19. Dragonite

People said Amare would get the last shot yesterday if need be. Lin backed him off. I see no reason why Dantoni won't let Lin do his thing in the 4th. Melo and Lin are going to make each other better not take away from each other. The big 3 works well elsewhere why not here.

Also saying hes on a hot streak is a bit ridiculous. This isn't a hot streak this is pure talent bubbling over. The kid is a STAR not just some lucky d-leaguer. He has more points than anyone in his first 5 starts. More than Shaq, more than Billy Ray Bates (who was a star in just a few short seasons) Lin is going to be huge in this league. Even if his points go down, with Melo in his Assists will go up I am thinking 18 - 20 PPG 11 - 14 APG. Thats a sick stat line.

20. Steve12

I think he'll come back to earth and be an average point guard. He's good but he's not as good as he's been playing.