Former Bills QB Jim Kelly Diagonsed With Cancer In Upper Jaw Bone

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Jim Kelly, who played a Hall of Fame career at quarterback for the Buffalo Bills, has been diagnosed with cancer in his upper jaw bone, he announced in a statement on Monday.

In the statement issued by the Bills, Kelly announced he has been diagnosed with Squamous-cell carcinoma of the upper jaw bone. He will undergo surgery on June 7. "Doctors have told me that the prognosis for my recovery is very good," Kelly said in the statement.

He went on to add the following:

"With the excellent medical care that I will be receiving and the loving care of my wife Jill and my daughters Erin and Camryn and the support of my entire family and friends, I am extremely confident in my road to recovery," Kelly said in his statement. "I plan to tackle this challenge head on, as we Kelly’s always do, with toughness, perseverance and faith.

"I want to thank everyone who has offered their prayers and would appreciate any prayers said for me and my family moving forward. May God continue to bless you and our family.â€￾

Source: Sporting News

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Damn...that sucks.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Glad to hear its treatable!!

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I think we are all glad they caught it before it was spread very wide, right?