Free Agent FS Charles Woodson Figured There Would Be More Interest

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Charles Woodson figured there would be a little more action for him in free agency.

The 36-year-old former standout for the Green Bay Packers has yet to find a new home and defensive backs have not been getting blockbuster deals in free agency as a general rule. He has visited the San Francisco 49ers but nothing has materialized to this point.

“I thought it would be a little more interest," Woodson said during an appearance on NFL Network. "I think, looking back, this is my second time in free agency and I've kind of been shunned both times. So I guess this time around, I'm a little more patient with it and just waiting around to see what happens.

"I don't take it personal. I understand how the game goes, I've seen it for 15 years now, and I've seen how it works. Just got to have a little patience."

Woodson will be able to help a team as a safety and possibly in a part-time role as a nickel cornerback. Surely, he is seeking to hook on with a contender at this point in his career.

Source: National Football Post

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

wouldnt mind him as a safety at all, that would be awesome

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

he's just so old. i would imagine there are plenty of teams that would love to bring him in on a 1 year/low money deal as either a stop gap or to help teach some young guys but if woodson is looking for anything significant, i doubt he will find it.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I would love him for a year or two at 1 million a year with incentives.

5. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

I like him better than dahl, but he really struggled against the run, and if be concerned about durability. I'd prefer a guy like baccarri rambo in the draft, gee cheaper and more potential

6. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

his speed has really gone done hill the last few years
    woodson is a smart player and can do a lot of different things but he is getting old
    he would make a positive locker room impact thats for sure

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he may not get signed until somebody gets hurt in training camp or during the season.

8. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Hoping the Packers can find room for him, and he is willing to come back at a reduced salary due to his reduced role........

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

you may get your wish N1...happy to see you here missy, there's waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too much testosterone in here....

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

It's all about the age dude.....

11. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

He'll find a team, he's still a top ten player in his position I believe.