Free Agent LB Brian Bank Invited Back For Seahawks Minicamp

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by Sweets, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets New Member

Brian Banks' first impression upon the Seahawks was good enough the team decided it wants a second look according . Two weeks after he was exonerated of charges of rape and kidnapping, the former high-school star had an audition at the Seahawks' facility, just him and the Seahawks' coaches, including Pete Carroll, who offered him a scholarship to USC almost 10 years ago. He arrived in Seattle just after midnight, traveling with his girlfriend and attorney and he was up at 6:45 on Thursday for an NFL tryout that he not only embraced, but was grateful for and he answered questions after the workout wearing a sweatshirt that proclaimed "XONR8." "I feel more appreciative of the opportunity than I feel deserving," Banks said. There are a number of people who would dispute that, foremost among them Carroll. "He deserved a chance," Carroll said. "This was a guy who just deserved it." Banks ran the 40-yard dash, but didn't know the time the team logged, Banks said he has been running in the mid 4.6's, low 4.7's in training for this. He is 6 feet 2, 239 pounds. "Regardless of how it turns out, it's the fact that he's made it to this point and he's going to get this opportunity, I hope it helps other people," Carroll said. "That's an emotional exchange, it's worth passing along."

Source: The Redzone
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

rooting for this kid.
  3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

id love for him to go on to have a HOF career, and id love for her to actually be raped....maybe by all the inmates at the prison he did his time at