Get ready everyone...MAJOR change to the site coming soon!

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, May 7, 2007.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Just wanted to let everyone know the reason I have not been around this past week is because I have been working hard on getting this site moved from phpBB to vBulletin. I guess I just had enough of all the maddening issues with the site. The last straw for me was a couple botched issues with the mail2forum mod that left the site in a complete lurch for hours twice last week.

Everything is going really well with the move and I am looking forward to it being a seamless transition for everyone with a small to no learning curve for the different features.

I also want to let people that once we finally go live with the new forum we might see some downtime.

2. V-Bulletin!....Well done man! :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Yay! :acool:

4. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Noted SRW.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Personally I can't wait, I have wanted vBulletin forever but convincing SRW was the hard part. Phpbb's mods are very hard to set up and they don't always work, at least with vBulletin their mods are proven great with no bugs and their customer service is great.

I can't wait to compete with other sites out there and we will be bringing all the little nuances that are fun for the members and more that you can spend your vCash purchasing and having a great time doing it.

Don't forget the Recruitment Drive and now you can tell the people that you are trying to recruit that we are moving to vBulletin, $100.00 to the person who brings in the most new members that post. Good luck!!

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

vBulletin is da bomb

7. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

Sounds great plus 100.00...where is platoon?

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Great move, can't wait till it's switched to vBulletin. SRW gave me a little look to the new site, It's great.

9. ^^^^^Brown noser...... :lol:

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I can only guess what it means [smilie=kissbutt.gif]

de Doom mal widder [smilie=ohboy.gif]

11. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

Awesome. can't wait.

12. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Ok everyone, looks like this is going to happen sooner rather than later. I have the site pretty much up and running after working on it tonight and just have to tie up some loose ends before it's up and running.

If anyone wants a preview, feel free to PM me for a link. If I do send you a link though, please don't try to login just yet. The database is not set. :shock:

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

^^Bumping thread

14. Digitool

Digitool Graphic Artist

this new vbulletin is so much nicer!!!!

15. Macpac

Macpac Guest

Very nice Steve.