Giants Can Regroup And Still Take This Division

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Chubz, Nov 17, 2009.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

basket, four of those games are on the road.

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

That doesent worry me as much.

Look at last year we beat the giants twice in there house and lost the one at the linc.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

that was last year. not as confident this season.

again out of the four teams i think the giants have the best chance at winning the division. :icon_sad:

4. ball in the baskett

I dont think it will be giants they did well with there weak part of the schedule and did terrible when they hit a rough part. Dallas has a better chance then the giants imo. Eagles chances im not that confident in winning the division either but i could care less as long as we get a playoff spot. If we get our injured players back at the right time without to much damage we should be fine.

5. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

The thing with the cowboys are that they are a soft team. One speed bump from them at the end of a season usually kicks them in the butt.

Again this is purely speculative, because for all I know the Giants could come out sunday and get their cans kicked again. One thing is for sure, you know where the Giatns will be going in next years draft....LB and Safety. Offensive line too

6. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

soft? gtfo with this statement.

Not clutch down the stretch, i could see you saying.. but in no way, shape, or form.. are we soft.

7. ball in the baskett

Im still wondering how that last game of the season will shape out to be. Watch it be a playoff game like last year they did it on purpose lol.

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

How can you NOT say SOFT when discussing a team who has become infamous for having time and again strong to decent starts followed by late season collapses and embarrassments.

9. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

lol me GTFO! How many times have we soon the Cowboys get smacked in the mouth and then just completely crap the bed. I'll tell you the last time, lost to baltimore at home an crumbled in Philly the week after. That was last season. Yes the cowboys lack testicular fortitude. It's a yearly occurance.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

c'mon now inc, your team looked like a carton of charmin by 1/2 time against us last year when it was all on the line. as much as i hate the cowboys i did not expect something like that but they folded.

11. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

if it werent for two botched fieldgoals yesterday the Cowgirls are what 6-4. But a win is a win.

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i thought i would bump this thread since the game last night tightened the race up.

these 3 teams are struggling against good teams. here are their records against opponents with better than .500 records outside of their division:

cowboys 0-2
    eagles 0-2
    giants 0-3

this may tell us something about how the nfc east teams might fare come playoff time. maybe not.

all 3 teams have difficult schedules remaining. the eagles play both the cowboys and giants so if they could win both of those games, it would probably sew up the division for them.

13. ball in the baskett

Our game vs the chargers was prettty close and the saints mcnabb dident even play and they beat everyone.So its not like were terrible just cause we lost to the chargers

Anyway i think the cowboys have the toughest road here i think we might actually take the division and giants get a wildcard spot

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Dude the Chargers owned the Eagles, they let up and that why it looked closer than what it was.

15. ball in the baskett

We played good in the second half and lost by 7 and did have a chance to tie so we dident get killed.

16. gillmanjr

gillmanjr Rookie

The Giants defense last night FINALLY looked like a Giants defense. I still have my doubts about the offense - Jacobs still ran like crap and besides that huge catch and run for a touchdown he didn't really do anything AGAIN. I'm also not sold on our receiving corps - seeing as how Steve Smith is suppose to be number one and drops WAY to many balls. But I'm definately glad to see that the defense was back to form - I hope it lasts.

17. CaptainStubing

well, i'm not trying to read too much into the 0-7 record against better than .500 opponents for the nfc east's big 3 because it may not mean anything. but it's there. it is what it is. take it for what it's worth. it may not mean anything in january but yet it might.

18. ball in the baskett

It is a interesting stat but i dont think it means anything for the playoffs. Hell we were a crapty team all last year until the cardinals game and look how far it got us lol.

19. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

How can you be down on our receiving corps. It's been our one bright spot overall. If we could run the ball better it would be doing better. Hell, everyone thought it was going to be out biggest problem and it's been solid. Eli is having one of his best years statistically. Most people (haters) thought he wouldn't even be able to throw the ball without Plax. Our receiving corp is really young and has a bright future ahead of it. It's one of the best receiving corp the Giants have ever had as far as potential goes.

It got you a win against the Giants and a loss to a good team outside the division.

Of course it doesn't mean anything come playoff time though, the '07 Giants proved that.

20. CaptainStubing

true. the playoffs are typically a whole new ball game. i think the '07 giants were something like 1-5 that season against teams that finished with a winning record.