Giants, QB Eli Manning Agree On $107 Million Deal

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by 86WARD, Aug 5, 2009.

1. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

lol, best of luck to the new york giants

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Thanks, but you need it more than we do, lol. :jiggy:

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

This.

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Thats what I was thinking when this deal was announced. He better earn every penny of that contract.

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

@Trent Edwards, Chad Pennington, Kerry Collins, Kyle Orton, Jason Campbell, Sage Rosenfels, Byron Leftwich & Shaun Hill. In light of one of your fellow men receiving the most expensive contract in the NFL of all time, it's time for the rest of you worthless crap to get the same respect! On my command, HOLDOUT!"

It's quite funny really what the Giants have done, they could have just got rid of Eli Manning and got the same player for $1millon a season (Kyle Orton). Both men have horrible arms, both fanbases fearful whenever a passing play is called, both need outstanding WR's to be successful (If Orton and Marshall hook up) and both take credit for what their defense and running game did.

Only difference is that Eli gets his arse kissed because his surname is Manning.

6. SoDev

Average? Maybe so, statistically, but then how do you judge your QB's?

In an interview with Michael Kay and former Giants GM Ernie Acorsi he had this to say and it's all you have to know when your about evaluate Eli Manning:

9 of 14 passes for 152 yards and 2 TD's in the 4th quarter of Superbowl 42 against a then undefeated team.

[​IMG]

7. andy82

The same drive which relied on Plaxico & David Tyree's ability to grab terrible passes to win the game? Sorry mate but your not going to win here. The Giants overpaid for a game manager who takes credit of the running game & D's work.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Can't wait to see Elisha's first season without a proven WR. Both Plaxico and Toomer are gone.

I bet she'll cry :icon_cheesygrin:

9. andy82

He'll need Hakeem Nicks to do what he did at the Meinke Car Care Bowl 16+times otherwise he's toast.

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Everybody forgets about the real hero in that Super Bowl. While the chimp who threw an uncatchable pass got a $100 million deal, the guy who had to use his HELMET to catch the ball, while fighting off TRIPLE coverage has to fight for a roster spot.

I could've thrown a better pass, and I could settle with only one million dollars :icon_cheesygrin: (because, you know...that's A LOT of pesos :moe:).

11. SoDev

What you talking about... relied on Plax... yea he was the receiver in all, maybe Plax should have thrown it to himself.

I'm not going to win? I already won.

I'm just prancing around in my Eli thread. :jiggy:

12. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Please dude, the defense won that game, it was the only reason the Giants were in it in the end, if not for a miracle catch on 4th down, you would probably be saying the same things. Take Plax off that team and they don't get by Tampa in the playoffs. Look at the dude overall and you have to see that he is an average QB who with all the pieces is a game manager at best. Trent Dilfer was a game manager on a defensive team with a running game that won the superbowl, brad johnson as well, are they worth 100+ million, not by a long shot.

13. SoDev

The miracle catch was on 3rd down, and Tyree doesn't catch crap if Eli doesn't pull away from a sure sack.

I probably would be saying something? I was proud of my team even if they lost in the end. It was david vs. goliath

Take Plax off the team? What kind of ignorant statement is that? Everyone knows the Giants don't make that run without Plax... along with many other key players on the team that year.

...and the defense doesn't win that game without Eli's two 4th quarter scores. No one said Eli won the SB by himself, it was a great team effort.

14. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

4th down, third down, it was still a miracle catch. He's a game manager plain and simple. He is not a playmaker or a guy that can carry his team. He needs an elite oline and strong defense and a top flight big WR. Without one of those he's average at best. He showed it last year after plax was gone. Like I said, he is on the level of Brad Johnson (not as accurate) and Trent Dilfer and those guys performed well in their superbowl, but there is no way that they would deserve 100+ million either. Take a step back and judge eli as a whole player. He is not a strong thrower, he is not an accurate passer. A lot of average QB's won a superbowl, a superbowl win hardly makes him worth that much money. Time will certainly tell.

15. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Eli isn't as good as Romo is.