Giants QB Eli Manning Aiming For Huge Payday

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Sweets, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Eli Manning is still in line to get one of the most lucrative contracts in NFL history but he is just going to have to wait a little longer than expected. Manning and the Giants remain far apart in their negotiations on a new deal, according to two NFL sources with knowledge of the talks. Nobody is panicking, even though 2009 is the last year of Manning's rookie contract, and both sides expect a deal will eventually get done, but they had originally hoped to do it this spring, with the Giants prepared to make Manning one of the NFL's richest players. According to one source, Manning's agents "want to make him the highest-paid player."

Source: NYDailyNews

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

In before the haters! :gotcha:

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Of course his agents want to make him the highest paid player.

Then they get more out of the deal.

And how many agents does he have?

4. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

His agent is Tom Condon. I'm going to assume by agents they are just referring to Condon's team.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

You're right. Nobody hands off the ball to the running back like Elisha :icon_confused:

He totally deserves to be the richest player in NFL History. This has to happen!!!

6. nyg hitstick

nyg hitstick Special Teamer

Your right, especially in Playoff games. Eli is clutch!

How did Romo fare in the playoffs holding the ball?

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

That's exactly what I'm saying. If Tony landed a $60 million contract after choking in the playoffs twice, Elisha should get at least 3 trillion dollars.

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I would love for them to make eli the highest paid QB that would be awesome.It would give me even more to make fun of him about when he doesent play like one.

9. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

yea, eli deserves this 100%

10. Evasfunk

Evasfunk Rookie

Even as a Giants fan and Eli supporter I am not so sure he deserves this...not quite sure ANY football player should ever deserve that kind of money. With rookie QB's getting paid what they are these days you pretty much HAVE to give a franchise quaterback that recently won you a superbowl that kind of money.

11. nyg hitstick

nyg hitstick Special Teamer

You guys are so infactuated with #'s. Supposedly the 2 greatest Qb's ever has there flaws. You guys keep saying .. how Eli has a great Oline.. a great RB and a great D .. blah blah blah.. He wouldnt have won the SB without them..

Look at Joe Montana .. He had the best WR ever.. He had a good RB with Craig.. His Oline might be the greatest in history.. not to mention a helluva FB in Rathman.. His defense was stellar too.

Marino - has indiviual numbers that make you cringe.. yet he has no SB.

Eli is best of both worlds.. He's shown many times he's able take his team down the field on many 4th qtr comebacks and I'm not talking about just the SB and a lucky 'helmet catch'.

Eli stays on the field.. he produces .. and he wins! Look at his winning % more then anything else in his YOUNG career. He deserves any $ Giants throw at him.. wether you like it or not!

12. ball in the baskett

The giants having a winning record while him being there does not make him a good QB. I would say hes average at best. Elis not even in the top 10 let alone being worth top qb money. Espn and everyone else has been on his jock since the superbowl year.Before that they kept saying he sucked so what changed? Cant argue his superbowl performance was clutch but every dog has its day. The giants offensive succsess has been 98% because of the running game.

04 tiki barber 322 carries
    05 tiki barber 357 carries
    06 tiki barber 327 carries
    07 jacobs and ward 327 carries
    08 jacobs and ward 401 carries

that looks like a hell of alot of running the years eli has started

The giants running game should be the ones getting more money if anything. The guy has had a completion % below 60 until this year that sounds like a guy that deserves alot of money :icon_rolleyes:

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The only players in the league that deserve that kind of money are Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. As much as people disagree, Eli must prove this year that he should be in elite company. With Burress gone, he is now going to be under the spotlight, and this is the time he shows what kind of a QB he will be.

14. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

pay him
    make him happy
    see if he preforms better

15. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

Huge mistake if they pay him like an elite QB. He's not even close to one.

16. rikvanloo

rikvanloo Rookie

Uncapped year

Totally agree. If they pay him this much it will destroy the system eventually. Tom Brady's contract is up next year. If the pay Eli that much, what's Brady's worth? It won't fit in the current (and next year's) cap. only an uncapped year could solve those problems. And let's hope, for all the teams in low revenue areas that that never happens......

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Eli's the most important player on the Giants Offense. Pay the man...just don't make him the highest paid player in the league...he's not worth that much...lol...

18. ball in the baskett

I disagree i think brandon jacobs is the most important.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ward and Bradshaw did extremely well when Jacobs was out of the line-up...we've seen the Giants win without Jacobs...we haven't seen them win with out Manning...

Eli's been a pretty dependable QB for the time he's been the starter (I can't remember him being injured.) He may not have the flashy numbers and may look a bit goofy, but he's a winner. He's got what 30 wins (give or take one or two) in the last three seasons? Not too shabby...

20. ball in the baskett

When the giants run game isnt working and they have to depend on eli they dont do well. Last year look what the eagles did in there 2 games they played them at the end contain the run for most of the day and eli struggled. Unlike mcnabb when westbrook was doing absolutly nothing and was still haveing huge games.Imo he is going to be exposed for the average qb is.