Giants Rookie SS Chad Jones In Critical Condition After Car Accident

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by ravenfan52, Jun 25, 2010.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Former LSU safety Chad Jones was in a serious car accident around 6:15 Friday morning in New Orleans on Carrollton Avenue near Toulouse Street. Jones, 21, suffered a fractured left leg and had arteries and nerves exposed, officials told WWL-TV's Juan Kincaid. He was listed in critical condition and was in surgery at 10:15 a.m. The 6-foot-3, 231-pound New Orleans native, played in 40 games with the Tigers, starting 19 before forgoing his senior season. Jones was drafted in the third round of April's NFL Draft by the New York Giants and recently signed his rookie contract, a four-year deal worth a reported $2.616 million base salary over the life of the contract.

Source: Bradley Handwerger, WWL 4 New Orleans

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2010
  2. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

Damn, that's rough. Good luck, sir.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Damn, best of luck to him...

4. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

disgusting news. I hope this dude is alright and pulls through.

5. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

really hope he pulls through and that he'll be able to continue his career.

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

man....horrible news

[​IMG]

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

^Wow. Terrible for anyone, let alone a football player. Hope he makes it through this with everything in tact.

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Bad news. Hope he'll recover soon

9. We'll be pulling for you Chad...

Get well soon man...:icon_cool:

10. RichLikeWh0a

It's a shame his career is over before it even started. Now we'll never know what he could have been.

11. Its a very tough injury to come back from and obviously he will be out for the 2010 season.

I wouldn't write his career off just yet though. We'll just have to see how his leg responds when he does get back on the field by training camp next year.

This puts a dent in our newly improved depth at the safety position for sure. We can't enter this season with just three safeties like in '09.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Forgot about Michael Johnson...we still have four safeties on the roster.

But its still a tough blow losing Jones.

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

You can't possibly think he's going to be back by next year. His leg was bad enough that they aren't sure if he's going to keep it, that doesn't bode well for future football usage.

13. RichLikeWh0a

This.

I don't see him having a career. I'm not doctor but just the way they're making it sound, I highly doubt he will have one. And certainly not any time soon.

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I hear they are trying to get blood flowing to his left leg but if that fails it's amputation time, how sad to see a very young man losing maybe his career and a body part.

Chad, we're all pulling for ya...

15. they now have circulation in the leg. However, they won't rule amputation out right now. The next major obstacle is getting blood flow back in the foot.

16. My comments were before finding out that Jones' left leg could be amputated.

What I should've said was when training camp rolls around in 2011. Could be longer than that too.

If Jones is able to keep both legs and wants to continue his career...we'll see if his leg responds well enough for him to have one.

But the important thing is his health and recovery.

Get well soon Chad. :icon_cool:

17. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Tough luck for this kid....I hope he keeps his leg.

18. I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps the leg and winds up playing baseball again. it seems very obvious that their is no way he will play football again but I think baseball is possible.

19. Its good he has baseball to fall back on if he cannot resume his football career. Jones was also drafted by two MLB clubs.

Same thing with Bo Jackson when a hip injury ended his football career with the Raiders in the 1991 AFC Championship. Jackson then focused on baseball full time afterward and was able to play for a couple more seasons before retiring in 1994.

20. circulation is now in his foot so it looks like he will not need an amputation.