GIF's Top Ten Best Wide Receivers Not In The Hall Of Fame

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Morgan is another good mention...he was a better receiver than Irving Fryar when Fryar first came into the league in 1984.

But just like I mentioned earlier....there is quite a log-jam at the receiver position so there's going to be some HOF worthy players left out for a while. He should get some love too...but the list is stacked so I'm not sure where I would put Morgan in. Maybe in place of Fryar....not so sure.

But this whole process makes the debating part much more interesting....:icon_cool:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Another Honorable Mention....

[​IMG]

Andre Rison
    Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons, Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars, Green Bay Packers, Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders
    1989-2000
    5x Pro Bowl Selection (1990,1991,1992,1993,1997)
    1x AP First Team All-Pro Selection (1990)
    3x AP Second Team All-Pro Selection (
    1991,1992,1993)
    Super Bowl XXXI Champion (Green Bay Packers - 1996)
    Won Grey Cup with Toronto Argonauts (2004)
    Pro Football Weekly First Team All-Conference (1990)
    UPI First Team All-Conference (1990)
    Pro Football Writers First Team All-NFL (1990)
    Newspaper Ent. Assoc. First Team All-NFL (1990)
    Pro Football Weekly First Team All-NFL (1990)
    Sporting News First Team All-NFL (1990)
    Newspaper Ent. Assoc. First Team All-NFL (1991)
    Newspaper Ent. Assoc. Second Team All-NFL (1992)
    743 Receptions
    10,205 Receiving Yards
    84 Receiving Touchdowns
    13.7 Yards Per Catch
    Led NFL in Receiving Touchdowns in 1993 (15)
    Set NFL Record with scoring a touchdown with 7 different teams
    Fifth Receiver in NFL history to score 60 touchdowns in first 6 seasons
    Second all-time in NFL history in receptions in first six seasons (475)

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Rison's overall numbers should earn at least some looks for Hall of Fame candidacy.

But what may ultimately prevent him from getting inducted besides bouncing around the league is his controversial comments and behavior off the field....including ripping Browns' fans in 1995 after lashing out from their impending relocation to Baltimore and booing him after a bad game against the Packers.

"We didn't make the freaking move. So, for all the booers, heck you too. I'll be glad when we get to Baltimore, if that's the case. We don't have any home-field advantage. I've never been booed at home. Baltimore's our home. Baltimore, here we come."

Also claiming he was better than Jerry Rice....saying he would make his own HOF.... and having his mansion burned down by his former girlfriend, the late Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes of TLC, resulting in the loss of all his possessions.

But I hear he has his own football academy and is helping youth's improve their game to the fullest. It's good to hear he is giving back to the game by helping kids reach their full potential on the field and stress the importance of a good education.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
  2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i think this is great list IMO some of the older guys should be in there before tim brown cris carter