Golden Nuggets: Another 49er-less Sunday

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by LebaneseFF, Dec 22, 2013.

1. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

[​IMG]
    Sunday, December 22nd, 2013 edition of the Golden Nuggets, a daily compilation of San Francisco 49ers links from around the Internet.

So it's really just starting to hit me that Monday will be the last game played at Candlestick Park. I've known all along, and this week hasn't been short on Candlestick content or anything but it's still really just hitting me. I had season tickets for awhile, and certainly saw my share of the 'Stick (only canceling them when the 49ers decided the fan experience wasn't at all important), but it's definitely got me a bit bummed out.

Also a bit bummed out that I couldn't be there. Our benevolent dictator, Fooch, will be at the game as media and since moving back to California, I'm broke so I could make it out. So screw that guy! But yes, this should be an emotional day in which football also might be played at some point. Yes, there will probably be a football game.

And when I say "this" I mean tomorrow. Today, we get to watch a bunch of teams we don't care about because they're not the 49ers.

Injury report: Iupati still questionable, Manningham improves (Maiocco)

From two-way to no way: FB Marecic didn't want to play (Branch)

49ers notes: Manningham misses second practice of the week, playoff scenarios (Barrows)

Baalke on he and Harbaugh: 'That's all overblown. It's no different than it's been since Day 1' (Inman)

Roman, Fangio and their halftime sprint at the Stick (SFGate)

ESPN's Berman on covering The Catch: 'To this day, I get goosebumps' (Branch)

Gore Pushing 49ers Down the Stretch (Scout)

Source: Continue reading...