Gregg Williams Releases Statement Regarding Bounty Program

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I kind of just posted 4 cases of teams and players admitting to bounty programs how this doesn't back up my claims is beyond me. Of course your going to discredit anything I post no matter how many times I post evidence so whats the point? I said this happens all the time, I proved multiple cases of it and you refuse to credit the evidence.

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

No, you posted one player admitting to it, two coaches claiming it happens, and that the league investigated it once before. You CLAIMED that players constantly talk about it in post-game interviews.

3. Dragonite

Actually what I said is that bounty programs happen all the time in this league and players talk about striking fear into opponents all the time.

I have proven the fact that bounty programs happen all the time. Which is hwat I was trying to prove.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Hitting guys hard to make them fear you is completely different than getting paid to hurt them.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]

6. Dragonite

You fail to quote the part where I said A. Just because they don't bet on it doesnt mean its not true.

B. I was proving another point, players talk about striking fear into opponents all the time, I stick by that statement. I stick by what I said because its true. Go look at the hits in this league and tell me their isnt intent to injure.

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

You didn't prove that players receiving money for injuring players is going on in any other organization.

8. Dragonite

Yeah I did...did you read what I posted? Eagles (granted it was during the 9o's but it still happened) and Suggs admitted to a "bounty" on multiple Steelers heads. Bounty = Exchange of money for injuring another player.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not the Steelers...impossible.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'm pretty sure the 49ers were clean up until this last season. Nobody would play that soft for so many years if there was cash on the line.

11. Dragonite

:Loco:

Well played...

12. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

2006....When Bart Scott was with the Ravens, he tackled Reggie Bush by the ankles, then flung his legs to the side, aggravating Bush's ankle injury and knocking him out of the game. Afterward, Scott infamously suggested that he "put a little hot sauce" on Bush's ankle.

13. Dragonite

We should ban him from the league man

14. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I don't condone the whole bounty stuff and purposely hurting opponents, but I find it freaking hilarious that there is so much outrage from fans and disbelieving that it doesn't occur on a wider scale including extending to their own teams.

This stuff is a part of the game, always has been. Saints were just the unlikely ones to be caught out.

15. Dragonite

I agree, I mean its not really something I support, but its not shocking the outrage is highly amusing.

16. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

i'm just pissed the saints were dumb enough to get caught....AFTER being warned about it

17. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Yep, hopefully it stops at Williams as far as the investigation goes.

18. Dragonite

Yeah me too, I am pissed that someone ratted too. But I am not shocked. More angry that our team was stupid enough to keep doing it and not cover their tracks better

19. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Since it's a "part of the game" we should totally just look the other way. I'm more outraged at how the NFL is fining him and leaving it at that. Screw Gregg Williams and heck anyone else who PAYS people who injure other players that could lead to a career being over. All I want is for Goodell to make an example of Williams and kick him out of football so that other teams know that this crap isn't okay. I don't care if "everyone" else is doing it, heck them then. I hope they get AIDS too. If you're caught doing this crap you should be at the very LEAST suspended. Make Williams a freaking example, I don't care if he came clean or not.

And there isn't a crap ton of proof that everyone does it minus you using Suggs as a reference which is like me saying that there actually were WMD's in Iraq. Using Suggs as a "credible source" is the dumbest crap any journalist could ever do. This crap is inexcusable and unacceptable and needs to be addressed!

20. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

And don't say everyone does it. If you've ever watched an Eagles game these guys get "bounties" for simply tackling anyone.