Guidelines For Getting Good Fantasy Input

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Walnuts, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I should have posted this a while back before all the "Rate my draft/team" threads started popping up, but better late than never!

Basically, if you want to get solid, useful advice from other players, or valid input on your roster, draft, or any potential trade scenarios, there's a few things you must include in your post about your team other than just your roster and/or the names involved in the trade if you want to get anything remotely useful out of any potential responses to your problem.

1. League size. The difference between, say, a 10 team league and a 16 team league is tremendous when it comes to roster makeup. What would be an epic team in a 16er might not sniff the playoffs in a 10.

2. Scoring - This is a must must must post item, even if it's just to say "standard scoring" or "normal scoring plus PPR". Those two simple things alter draft strategy and player values immensely, and if you want good input on your situation, we have to know them, and it's even more important if your scoring deviates from those two basics (6pts passing TD, points for target, big play/yardage bonuses, etc.)

3. Roster settings. Again, small differences in roster settings can make a huge difference in the value of your team. If you only start one RB or if you're in a 2QB league or some weird all-flex no RB league or something, you absolutely need to include that.

4. Bank acct numbers and SSN's - MUST HAVE FOR FANTASY SUCCESS. PM them to me, I will make sure to relay them to the right people and ensure your fantasy success.

Just a little advice, hope this helps. There's a lot more stuff in play than that as well, but those are the three essentials...basic rule of thumb, the more info you can give, the better, but make sure to include those three (NO, FOUR, I MEAN FOUR) things in every advice post you make anywhere.

[MENTION=2799]keemNicks[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=1533]86WARD[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=3600]Steve12[/MENTION]
    @Omen
    [MENTION=566]ragman[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
  2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Really good points here, especially the roster and points settings. Great work 'nuts

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

[MENTION=777]Walnuts[/MENTION], Bank Account and Social Security number sent, check your PM's. Sent my home address and credit card numbers, too. I want the best advice.

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Good post [MENTION=777]Walnuts[/MENTION]. I stuck it so it's easily found.

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

This is a very good read.