Hall Of Fame Game: Redskins Vs Colts

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by ollysj, Jul 30, 2008.

?

Who will win this game?

1. Colts

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Redskins

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  1. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

[​IMG]

The Redskins will open the NFL preseason against the Indianapolis Colts in the 46th annual Hall of Fame Game on Sunday, Aug. 3 in Canton, Ohio. The contest will kick off at 8 p.m. ET at Canton's Fawcett Stadium and will be televised nationally on NBC's Sunday Night Football.

Source: Redskins.com

2. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Ah, the first Gameday thread is upon us. Football season is really getting close!

My eyes, I see the Colts winning unfortunately. But it'll be good to see some football finally.

3. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

:icon_cheesygrin:

:fworks05::cele09::fworks17:

4. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

The result doesn't much matter, I'll be more interested to see how the likes of Colt Brennan play.

Whilst the Colts will obviously be without Peyton Manning, the Skins will not give Clinton Portis, Chris Samuels or Carlos Rogers any reps in this game. I was looking forward to see lots of HB Blades at MLB but he is out injured now.

Main interest for me will be a first look at Colt Brennan who I hope can get most of the 2nd half and also Fred Davis at TE. Stephon Heyor and maybe Chad Rienhart getting lots of reps at LT and the other OL man I'll be keeping an eye on will be Andrew Crummey.

Defensively, Jason Taylor might see a series but the likes of Rob Jackson, Lorenzo Alexander, Matt Sinclair, Chris Horton, Justin Tryon and Leigh Torrence should get some nice reps and I'll be watching with interest.

The first wave in the punter battle (frost vs Brooks) might be the easier camp battle to get a feel for.

5. Ridin Burgundy

I'm looking forward to seeing Tryon and Torrence play.

Tryon talks a great game and ive heard good things about Torrence so far.

6. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

I hear Clinton would get a carry or so from Redskins Nation unless that changed.

I'm recording the game in HD so for those who miss it let me know.

7. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Man some football at last. Looking forward to staying up to god know what hour to watch it.

8. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I'll follow my pre-season routine of watching the first three quarters then sleeping through the fourth. I don't think I saw any scores in the 4th Quarter last pre-season.

9. Jammin Jaguar

It'll be great to see rookies such as Mike Hart and Colt Brennan playing.

10. Ridin Burgundy

I'm not really looking forward to seeing Brennan play. Apparently hes been pretty poor in camp. Hopefully he can at least show something during the game.

With Betts missing the game we should see a lot of Mason which will be good.

11. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Colt Brennan lol.

No Peyton Manning, Dungy won't risk putting his stars in for more than a quarter in case they get hurt, I see the 'Skins winning this one with little trouble. Remember last year everyone thought The Saints would beat the Steelers and the Steelers won.

12. Jammin Jaguar

I'm struggling to see what made you "lol" there.

13. Ridin Burgundy

Does it even matter?

The Redskins starters will play 1 or 2 series max.

14. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

^ Both teams will give the startes 3 series max

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

wow, you made it that long..... I guess I didn't saw a 2nd half last year :lol:

16. HailttRedskins

Seems that Peyton is already a little hurt by himself :icon_smile:

17. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Cant wait to see the game even though its preseason.

18. HailttRedskins

Haha, I was watching Redskins Nation today and Larry Michaels was reporting that Clinton Portis wouldn't get any carries according to Zorn, Portis being about 10 yards away stretching looks over and goes, WHAT YOU SAY? I'm running!

19. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

yeah the gameday threads are back :icon_cheesygrin:

Finally , i have NASN :icon_smile: :bowdown: The nights (of Sunday on Monday) in K-Town will be short ^^

I think the Redskins will beat the Colts

20. Ridin Burgundy

Nearly there:icon_cheesygrin: